Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BWS2-DA 10: ジラーチに願いを! 七日間の奇跡!!/Jirachi ni negai wo...
Thread Posts
25 Mar 2013 04:13 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: ジラーチに願いを! 七日間の奇跡!!/Jirachi ni negai wo! Nanokakan no kiseki!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
19 Jun 2013 11:39 AM
Adamant Administrator
The mythical Pokémon Jirachi, which only wakes up for 7 days every 1000 years, is said to make wishes come true. Satoshi heads off in search of Jirachi together with a girl named Holly, who wishes for her father to return to her...
Also, you can get your own Jirachi as well!

Summary:
Satoshi and friends continue their journey across Big Island. One night, they encounter the 'Wish Pokémon' Jirachi, which is said to be awake for only 7 days every 1000 years. While Pikachu and the other Pokémon are playing with Jirachi, Satoshi walks over as well, but Jirachi ends up startled by the approaching human and leaves. While Satoshi and the others are disappointed by these developments, a girl named Holly comes over. Holly tells them she has a wish she really wants Jirachi to make true.

Her wish is for the land here to become fertile once again, thus making her father return. Satoshi and friends join her in her search, but at the time the 7th day is about to begin, they've still not managed to find it. But then, having felt Holly's desperation, Jirachi finally shows itself. Then, the Rocket Gang appears! Having completely exhausted its stamina during the battle against the Rocket Gang, Jirachi...!?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Mika Kanai: Jirachi
Chiaki Takahashi: Pururill
Yui Ishikawa: Holly
Naomi Shindo: Lotus
Kensuke Sato: Cacto
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
Last edited 19 Jun 2013 12:41 PM by Adamant
30 Jun 2013 10:39 PM
So, I'm assuming this is not the same Jirachi from the 6th movie?
01 Jul 2013 10:52 AM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: sonic10158
So, I'm assuming this is not the same Jirachi from the 6th movie?

Fairly certain its a different Jirachi in this episode.
10 Jul 2013 12:05 PM
Adamant Administrator
The Jirachi from back then should be asleep for another 1000 years, so yeah. Different one.
03 Dec 2013 06:59 PM
This was a very nice episode indeed. I wonder how many Jirachi are there. Jirachi is supposed to be a special legendary Pokemon, so rare that even in the games it is only received in events. And still there are at least two in the world. One somewhere in Hoenn and one a local legend on a random island somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
So we meet Holly. A somehow reckless but pleasant young girl. She wants to bring back the greenery and water to the mountains again so that her father comes back. But seriously what kind of father leaves his wife and daughter for 2 years without any contact at all just to go studying potential water sources of the mountain range? He was even on the same island and still didn't come visit them? And when they meet again he acts as if he left just yesterday? WTF? Now I hate him even more than Rocket Gang.

By the way... A legendary, rare and defenseless-looking Pokemn randomly appears and interacts with Satoshi's Pokemon. Guess who will appear later and try to capture that Pokemon? Magma Gang maybe? Nope. It is unexpectedly the dumb trio again. Very predictable. So predictable that I wonder why not even Dent thought about that. Satoshi is basically a walking disaster with these idiots on his tail. Any rare Pokemon he encounters is potentially exposed to danger. Satoshi with his recklessness would probably not give a damn, but one would expect at least Dent to foresee that and take some security measures in advance to minimize the risk of getting assaulted. But well, I can't probably expect characters of this anime to use brain properly :/

Also, Jirachi just commits a suicide when it is far from necessary. If it waited for a moment, Satoshi's Charizard and Iris's Dragonite could banish Rocket Gang to the moon for a thousand years with just one combo attack. And Pikachu and Axew would survive the paralysis until next Pokemon Center visit or a proper Berry treatment.

My rating:
An episode that is fine, but somehow relies heavily on a "legendary" Pokemon to make it more interesting. Not sure if just a cheap trick or marketing. Also, some things here do not really make much sense or feel somehow... inconsistent (several Jirachi in the same world, Satoshi not mentioning that he has actually met one already). But on the other hand, there is Holly, whom for some reason I like. And I liked the use of "Make a Wish" song in the finale as well. And menhirs peeing water, that just looks like a work of Discord :D.
I give it 8.
Last edited 04 Dec 2013 01:32 PM by Sunain
You would totally like to be a tree.