The Pokémon Company International revealed on November 16th, 2023 that the next expansion in the best-selling Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG), Scarlet & Violet Paldean Fates
, will launch at participating retailers around the world on January 26th, 2024. Artwork from the press release has been added to an Imageboard thread
New Pokémon Trading Card Game: Scarlet & Violet Paldean Fates Arriving Soon with Return of Shiny Pokémon
Nov. 16, 2023 — The Pokémon Company International announced that a new special expansion for the bestselling Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG), Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates, will be available beginning Jan. 26, 2024, at participating retailers worldwide.
Taking inspiration from the popular Hidden Fates and Shining Fates expansions, the Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates expansion marks the return of Shiny Pokémon to the Pokémon TCG, featuring Pokémon from the Paldea region. Trainers can collect and battle with more than 130 Shiny Pokémon, including Shiny Pikachu, Shiny Ceruledge, Shiny Tinkaton, Shiny Dondozo, Shiny Tatsugiri and more. In addition, the expansion introduces Shiny Tera Pokémon ex — featuring Charizard, Forretress and Espathra — as well as more Ancient and Future Pokémon ex.
Select Shiny Pokémon in Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates will be showcased in fun full-art styles, revealing a new side to fan-favorite Pokémon in their Shiny forms. Furthermore, select Pokémon ex will appear on hyper rare cards, featuring a new and unique raised foil effect.
Noteworthy cards from the expansion include:
- 11 Shiny Pokémon ex
- Seven Pokémon ex and three Tera Pokémon ex
- Three illustration rare cards featuring Shiny Pokémon
- Eight special illustration rare cards featuring Shiny Pokémon ex or Supporter cards
- Six hyper rare Pokémon ex
Cards from Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates will be available in the following products:
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Pokémon Center Elite Trainer Box (now available for preorder at Pokémon Center in the U.S., Canada and the U.K.): Includes 11 Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates booster packs; two copies of an illustration rare-style promo card featuring Mimikyu, with one showcasing the Pokémon Center logo; and various gameplay accessories.
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Elite Trainer Box (available Jan. 26, 2024): Includes nine Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates booster packs, one Shiny illustration rare promo card featuring Mimikyu and various gameplay accessories.
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Tech Sticker Collection (available Jan. 26, 2024): Includes three Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates booster packs; one Shiny promo card featuring Fidough, Maschiff or Greavard; and one large corresponding sticker for personalizing laptops, tablets and other tech devices.
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Mini Tin (available Feb. 9, 2024): Includes two Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates booster packs, one sticker sheet and one art card matching the tin, featuring Maushold, Smoliv, Tinkatink, Finizen or Flamigo.
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Tin (available Feb. 9, 2024): Includes four Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates booster packs and one Shiny Pokémon ex promo card featuring Tera Charizard ex, Great Tusk ex or Iron Treads ex.
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Premium Collection (available Feb. 9, 2024): Includes eight Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates booster packs; two Shiny promo cards; one Shiny Pokémon ex promo card featuring Meowscarada ex, Skeledirge ex or Quaquaval ex; one corresponding oversize Shiny Pokémon ex card; and one three-card display.
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Booster Bundle (available Feb. 23, 2024): Includes six Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates booster packs.
Ahead of the release of the tabletop version, Trainers will be able to play with Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates digitally via the Pokémon TCG Live app for iOS, Android, macOS and Windows devices on Jan. 25, 2024. The expansion will be available in the in-game shop, where players can redeem Crystals earned by completing daily quests for various Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates products.
Last edited 16 Nov 2023 07:39 PM by ForumBot