Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Exclusive Shinji Miyazaki Interview now available ...
Thread Posts
30 Aug 2010 02:22 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
shinji miyazakiSean Robbins (a.k.a. SeanBird) from the J-Pop Exchange as posted on the Imageboard that the audio interview and transcript of his exclusive interview with Mr. Miyazaki on his radio show are available on his website from August 30th through September 6th, 2010. The interview was recorded in mid-April of 2009 and aired on May 30th, 2009. We originally reported about the interview at that time.

Below is excerpts from SeanBird's post on the Imageboard explaining a bit about the interview: "...you can listen to two pieces of music that are, as of this writing, not available on CD (I don’t know what tracks are going to be on the CD that is going to be released in September). They were given to me, at my request for airplay on my radio show The J-Pop Exchange, which airs on WVCR 88.3 FM.

The pieces are: The 6th Cue that was recorded in the 2002 Work order. This is my favorite piece that Mr. Miyazaki created for the Pokémon TV series. This is the piece that you hear in episode 1 of the original Japanese version of Pokémon Advanced Generation in which Ash climbs the mountain with Pikachu. Please note the cue you hear when Ash is on the phone earlier in this episode is actually a separate BGM. The cue I have is the more orchestral one.

The 38th Cue that was recorded in the 2002 work order. Funny Story about this one. This was actually the cue that ShoPro initially sent me; accidently thinking that it was the previous one. It’s barely 40 seconds long, but it’s actually pretty good. I am a huge fan of Mr. Miyazaki’s music, but this cue was a little harder for me to place. On my radio show I said that “it was used in times of resolution or recovery” because it was used more or less as epilogue music and while I realize that it’s not the official music of the Poke center, I could have sworn it was used in scenes in which Ash was healing Pikachu in the Poke center.

Just a little fun fact, all of the questions I asked Mr. Miyazaki were my own original questions except for the question that was next to the last. Yuko Shimamura encouraged me to ask that one. She, along with Nintendo of Japan and The Pokémon Company helped get the ball rolling. Unfortunately, currently some of the staff in the Pokémon dept. at ShoPro are different and much less friendly that the 2009 staff."

Shinji Miyazaki's latest CD, TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best 1997-2010 will be released in Japan next week.

Source: http://www.jpopexchange.net