Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Ash's Pikachu Toy's 'R' US Event
Thread Posts
24 Dec 2010 01:37 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
From January 30th, 2011 to February 5th, 2011, players of Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver Versions can get Ash's Pikachu which is seen in the Pokémon TV show and movies. A DS Download station will be setup at participating Toys 'R' Us locations.

The Toy's 'R US press release specifically indicates that the content distribution is not offered at competing retailers in the USA in 2010.

Ash's Pikachu should be identical to Satoshi's Pikachu which was distributed in Japan earlier this year. It knows the following moves: Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Quick Attack & Thunderbolt.

Source: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963
25 Dec 2010 08:00 AM
Adamant Administrator
I never liked these store-specific events, since they're generally only held in one or a few countries, and the Toys'R Us events are particularly bad. Not only are they always USA-only, but they have far less stores than Gamestop, they have a tendency to be located in places that are hard to reach without a car, and the events they give out generally don't get later Wifi distribution, either.

Thankfully this is just a novelty event. I still don't have an Arceus due to them getting ahold of the task to distribute those.
26 Dec 2010 12:54 AM
why this event? when we can get it at high level just by having AR? (Action Replay)

Red's pikachu in HeartGold and SoulSilver has the same set of attacks as Ash's pikachu in this event

I know this because i captured Red's pikachu with my AR
26 Dec 2010 03:55 PM
Quote From: CuteLittleMyuu
why this event? when we can get it at high level just by having AR? (Action Replay)

Red's pikachu in HeartGold and SoulSilver has the same set of attacks as Ash's pikachu in this event

Because it's fun!
You'll have a Pikachu, and it's OT will be Ash! Isn't that exciting.
It even has a Light Ball, which I'm not sure was ever in the anime.
28 Dec 2010 02:53 AM
Quote From: Deon
Quote From: CuteLittleMyuu

Because it's fun!
You'll have a Pikachu, and it's OT will be Ash! Isn't that exciting.
It even has a Light Ball, which I'm not sure was ever in the anime.

yeah but it's only in the USA...which is dull =.= so by having your HGSS and a AR you can have it at higher level.
02 Jan 2011 11:18 AM
I love convising my parents to go to toys r us, hopefully they will restock cuss yesterday alls they had was a few multifugres, a darkrai figure (witch i already have) and a piplup solar power figre (witch i bought)