Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Movie 18 Blog Updates with Seventh Event Report
Thread Posts
08 Jul 2015 05:40 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
The official Pokémon movie blog has updated. Translations of the new entry follows:

Event Report #7: A Report from the Sumitomo Mitsui Pokémon VISA Credit Card/Prepaid Card Launch Celebration Event Saturday June 26th

The "Pokémon VISA Card" and "Pokémon VISA Prepaid" from Sumitomo Mitsui Card was available for respectively sign-up and sale starting June 26th!

A launch event for the cute credit cards and prepaid cards with Pikachu pictures on them was held at Ikebukuro Sunshine City!
Here is a detailed report from that event!

For further information on the "Pokémon VISA Card" and "Pokémon VISA Prepaid", see this news article!

Shoko Nakagawa aka Shoko-tan, who plays Mary, the girl who grew up together with Hoopa, in this year's movie "The Archdjinni of Rings: Hoopa", was at the launch event as a special guest!

We started off with an interview with the topic "Pokémon and me"!
When asked "How long is Pokémon's history now?", Shokotan replied "19 years"!

It's been an entire 19 years, and now that you can easily trade Pokémon with people all over the world via wifi, Pokémon has truly become a subculture that connects people! Nostalgic Pokémon are still showing up, or getting new Mega Evolutions, so I really think these 19 years have passed in the blink of an eye!

Every year, when summer comes and Pokémon Movie season is in session, I like watching older movies as well. I was watching "The Guardian Gods of the Water Capital: Latios and Latias" the other day and ended up crying at it! Your childhood memories of the summer when you first watched a movie truly engraves it into your heart, but I feel that as you keep growing older and gain more life experience, the movie just becomes more and more emotional to you. This is why I pour my heart and soul into the dubbing of this movie, for the sake of all the children who will be watching a Pokémon movie for the first time this year.

We can't wait for this year's movie to premiere!
This is a truly heartfelt interview with Shoko-tan, where she really lets her feelings out!!
Now we're curious, can you tell us a bit about the character you play in "The Archdjinni of Rings: Hoopa"?

Mary is a girl with slight magic powers who watches over Hoopa alongside her brother Barza, played by Tatsuya Fujiwara. She and Hoopa have been together ever since she was a child, and grew up like siblings. She currently keeps watching over Hoopa, feeling both like an older sister and a mother to it, coming across as a noble, strong and cool woman.

Tell us some of the highlights of this year's movie!

It's Hoopa's special ability that lets it summon all kinds of Pokémon! It's incredibly showy! More legendary Pokémon than ever before show up, making for a veritable legendary festival that leaves even Hollywood astounded!

Groudon! Giratina! Lugia! And more! Which do you like better? Even if you enjoy multiple different generations, when your favorite legendary Pokémon shows up, you still really feel all that excitement and good emotions bubble up inside you and go all "whoosh!"

You only get to experience watching this year's Pokémon movie on the big screen this one summer, and I think it'd be an extremely valuable experience that'll create memories for a lifetime! I want you all to go to the theater and make sure you get the experience of seeing this year's Pokémon movie, this rush of legends, right there in the theater chair, with your own naked eyes!

As she tells us how much she wants us to get the true theatrical experience of the movie, Little Glee Monster, performers of the theme song for this year's short, "Pikachu and the Pokémon Musicians", come on stage!
They perform the short's theme song "Gaogao All Stars live!

Monsters! Monsters! Oh Yeah!!!!!!!

Pikachu and Hoopa start dancing, too!

Children, other family members, this is a playful song made for singing and dancing along to, so we hope you'll all enjoy listening to it in the theater, manaka from Little Glee Monster said.
I almost cried just from seeing Pikachu and Hoopa dance along with you, Shoko-tan added.

And here is the "Pokémon VISA Card" and "Pokémon VISA Prepaid" you've been curiously awaiting.
"How do you want to use it?", we asked.

"Even as an adult, I love casually using Pokémon merchandise. Things that can just peek out of my wallet. This is perfect for me. I'll let LGM talk aout the prepaid card!"
"They said that the color yellow gives you more luck with money!"

The card makes them all excited.

Here's another bit of surpring news: Incredibly, one of those who sign up for the "Pokémon VISA Card" will be selected by lottery to win a special home visit from Pikachu this Christmas!!!

"Santa is a genius to come up with something like that!"

"If you win, that Christmas will go down in your family history!
"If Pikachu were to come to us, I'd never let it leave!

The event then concluded with Shoko-tan giving the card a very Shokotan-y tagline!

You have to be level 18 or up!

Referring to age as "levels", and thinking of how you gain experience points over time and thus gain levels as your age increases is a positive way of thinking! Pokémon get more fun around level 18 too! Level 18 means you're an adult!, Shoko-tan said.

This has been the Pokémon Credit Card/Prepaid Card Launch Celebration Event, which built excitement with talk about both the movie and the cards!
For more information on the "Pokémon VISA Card" and "Pokémon VISA Prepaid", see this news article!

Source: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemovie_ch/?p=1038