Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Movie 19 Blog Updates with Report from the "The Pi...
Thread Posts
14 Aug 2016 08:15 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
The official Pokémon movie blog has updated. We have added a section collecting every single blog entry for easy browsing. Translations of the new entry follows:

Event Report #21: A Report from the "The Pikachu Song" Release Commemoration Event at Yokohama World Porters!

The "Pikachu Outbreak-chu: This Time You'll Get Wet???" event has been held in the Yokahama Minato Mirai area since Sunday August 7th!!
And in the middle of this Pikachu Outbreak, a release commemoration event for "The Pikachu Song" was held at Yokohama World Porters!

The song's lyricist and composer Tomohisa Sako was there on the stage, as was Pikachu!

"The Pikachu theme song "The Pikachu Song" which is sung entirely by Pikachu, is complete!!"

Sako is also the executive producer of the "Pocket Monsters XY&Z" character song project. We interviewed him about the untold stories of "The Pikachu Song"'s production!

Q: What kind of image did you compose "The Pikachu Song" in?

It all started with me wanting to make a song that was being happily sung by a group of Pikachu. I was thinking really hard about the lyrics, imagining what I would sing about if I was a Pikachu...
But since they're Pikachu, they actually just sing "Pika" and "Chu" all throughout the entire song (laughs)

But when you listen to the song, you mysteriously enough actually realize what the Pikachu are saying. I'd like you to first listen to the song without looking at the lyrics and just let your imagination wander.
Since the Pikachu are singing so happily, this is a song that makes you really happy from listening to it!

Pikachu then debuted the new song "The Pikachu Song"!

Sako sung together with it!

And so did everyone in the room!

They even got the microphone for a bit!

The atmosphere was amazing as the entire audience joined in on the fun and merrily sung along with "The Pikachu Song", which is really easy to sing!

Lots of events are held at Yokohama World Porters between Sunday August 7th and Sunday August 14th, including the excursion rally "Search for Hints! Where is Satoshi's Pikachu?" and the reopening of Aeon Cinema Minato Mirai's on-site café "Cafe 35mm" as "Volcanion and Magearna Café"! In addition, a special venue set up next to the front gate to the second floor promenade area hosts daily Pikachu Hula Dance Shows!

The "Pikachu Outbreak-chu: This Time You'll Get Wet???" event is being held in the Yokohama Minato Mirai area right now as well! Enjoy Pokémon a whole 120% in Yokohama!
For more information, check out this news entry

The digital distribution of "The Pikachu Song", the first ever Pikachu theme song, sung entirely by Pikachu, has started!
For further information, go to the Official Anime TV Series "Pocket Monsters XY&Z" Character Song Project Website!

The blockbuster "Pokémon the movie XY&Z: Volcanion and the Ingenious Magearna" is currently screening in theaters!
Summer means Pokémon! Go to the theater for a heatburst of emotions!

Source: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemovie_ch/?p=2978