Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pokémon 25: The Album - Katy Perry - Electric
Thread Posts
14 May 2021 08:32 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
The Pokémon Company International in partnership with Universal Music Group have revealed the latest track for the Pokémon 25: The Album, Electric by Katy Perry. High resolution images from the press release have been added to an Imageboard thread. Details of the CD single release have been added to our Media Database. The lyrics have been added to our Lyrics Database.

KATY PERRY UNVEILS NEW SINGLE AND VIDEO—‘ELECTRIC’—IN COLLABORATION WITH POKÉMON

Track Is from ‘Pokémon 25: The Album’ Compilation, Set for Fall 2021 Release

Limited Edition ‘Electric’ Merchandise Line Launches Today

Pokémon’s 25th anniversary celebration continues with today’s release of iconic recording artist Katy Perry’s new single and video, “Electric.” Katy, whose love for all things Pokémon dates back to childhood, when she played the original video games on her Game Boy, created the track especially for Pokémon 25: The Album, which will be released this fall by Universal Music Group’s Capitol Records. “There’s no reason that this life can’t be electric,” sings Katy in the anthemic track, which celebrates the joy inherent in pursuing a dream, buoyed by the love and support of friends. Katy’s collaborators on the song include The Monsters & Strangerz and Jon Bellion – who teamed up with her on “Daisies,” a song from her new album, SMILE – and Bruce Wiegner. Listen to “Electric” here: http://katy.to/electricPR.

The official video for “Electric” — helmed by Carlos Lopez Estrada, who directed the Disney feature film Raya and the Last Dragon – received a YouTube Premiere with a fan watch party earlier today. The clip follows Katy and Pikachu as they take time out to enjoy nature and reflect on how they have evolved over the years. After a day of exploring, the pair stop at a lighthouse to meditate. Falling into a reverie, they’re taken back in time to the earliest days of Katy’s career. Thanks to encouragement from her friend Pichu, Katy goes from busking at a farmer’s market to her first club performance.

“When I visited the Pokémon Café while touring Japan, I got so nostalgic. It took me back to my junior high years. So when I got the call to be a part of the 25th anniversary celebration alongside Post Malone and J Balvin, I was elated,” says Katy Perry. “The song’s themes – resilience, igniting your inner light – have guided my life and also parallel Pokémon’s story and characters. Pikachu is the evolved form of Pichu, so in the video, you see the younger version of me with Pichu and myself in the present day with Pikachu. We both evolve, yet retain a sense of playfulness.”

“Katy Perry has created a vibrant anthem to help us celebrate 25 years of Pokémon with ‘Electric,’ an amazing song about recognizing one’s own journeys and evolving,” said Colin Palmer, vice president of marketing, The Pokémon Company International. “We also hope fans around the world enjoy seeing Pikachu team up with Katy in the music video for ‘Electric,’ which is a wonderful visual accompaniment to the inspirational song.”

A playful “Electric”-themed merchandise collection was also unveiled today. Explore the offerings of the limited edition line here: http://katy.to/electricmerchPR. It’s all part of P25 Music, a massive, yearlong music campaign from The Pokémon Company International in partnership with Universal Music Group.

YouTube Clip - Katy Perry - Electric

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojpTpT5i-PI