Title: Pokémon Legends: Arceus - Gameplay Preview Highlights
The Official Pokémon YouTube channel has posted a sneak peek at how your adventure in the Hisui region will look in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Check out this new gameplay preview ahead of the release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus on Friday, January 28th, 2022!
YouTube Clip - Pokémon Legends: Arceus | Gameplay Preview
Pokémon Legends: Arceus - Gameplay Preview Highlights
- Your adventure is set in the expansive Hisui region. In time, Hisui will come to be called the Sinnoh region.
- Mount Cornet rises from the centre of the Hisui region, surrounded on all sides by areas with distinct environments.
- Each area is rich in natural features and plays host to different Pokémon ecosystems.
- The Obsidian Fieldlands is filled with Pokémon that call meadows and forests their home.
- Each area in Hisui has loads to discover, and be sure to collect a variety of different raw materials as you explore.
- Materials can be used to craft many items that will help you on your journey including: healing items, lures, smoke bombs, Poké Balls and more.
- Your Pokémon team can help you collect materials by breaking rocks, picking up plants, defeating or catching Pokémon, or knocking items out of trees.
- All kinds of Pokémon will appear depending on the time of day and the weather conditions.
- Different species of Pokémon also have different temperaments. Some many ignore you as you approach, some are skittish and will run away as you approach. There are even aggressive Pokémon that will attack you should they spot you in the wild.
- If an aggressive Pokémon spots you, or if you fail to catch it on your first sneak attempt, the Pokémon will enter an alert state. In this state, all Poké Balls you throw will simply be deflected by the Pokémon. In order to catch a Pokémon in this state, you must battle it.
- You can initiate a battle by throwing a Poké Ball containing one of your own partner Pokémon near a wild Pokémon.
- You can use items to your advantage when catching wild Pokémon. Throwing a Berry near a Pokémon will distract it. The Pokémon will then start eating. While eating, the Pokémon is much less aware of your presence, allowing you to go in for a back strike!
- When encountering aggressive wild Pokémon, you have to be careful. These Pokémon will not think twice about attacking you! If you take too much damage, you will black out and lose some of the items you were carrying when you fainted.
- As part of the Survey Corps, you are on a mission to catalogue and research all the different Pokémon that live in Hisui. You will also need to observe them using certain moves or displaying certain behaviors.
- You can visit Professor Laventon to hand in your survey report. This will update your Pokédex as well as increase your rank in the Survey Corps. You will also receive funds from the professor, which you can use to buy items and materials to help you with your research.
- Throughout your adventure you will encounter a number of special Pokémon that will help you get where you need to go with grace and speed.
- Wyrdeer helps you navigate on land faster.
- Hisuian Braviary allows you to soar through the skies.
- Basculegion allows you to traverse the rivers and seas.
- The Galaxy Team includes various corps, such as the Medical Corps and the Security Corps, as well as the Survey Corps, which carries out research on how Pokémon live.
- Jubilife Village will serve as the base for your surveying missions. After receiving a mission or a request and preparing for your next excursion, you'll set out from the village to study one of the varies areas of the Hisui region.
- After you finish your survey work, you'll return once more to prepare for your next task.
- Along with the headquarters of the Galaxy Team and your own lodgings, Jubilife Village is also home to a variety of different services, such as the clothier, the craftwork and the trading post, where you can trade Pokémon with other players.
- You can receive a variety of different missions and requests from the inhabitants of Hisui.
- Requests are small tasks that you do to help the residents of Hisui, while missions will advance the main story. Once you receive a mission or request, it will be added to your Arc Phone.
- The Arc Phone is a mysterious device that allows you to track your movements, mark locations on the map, and track your current missions and requests.
- Missions and requests vary in their objectives such as: discovering a specific Pokémon, finding a variety of different items, defeating a powerful Pokémon in battle, or catching a number of one specific Pokémon for research.
- Battles are turn based and you can get your Pokémon to attack in two unique styles: Strong Style or Agile Style. Using a move in the agile style raises the user's action speed, which may make the users next turn come sooner, at the expensive of reducing the move's power.
- Strong style moves can allow you to attack with more power, but using them may delay your Pokémon's next turn. If an enemy can withstand one of your Strong Style moves, prepare to be attacked multiple times in retaliation.
- Using Agile Style moves and strong style moves in battle causes your Pokémon's attacks to use more PP, so be careful when planning your battles.
- Alpha Pokémon appear different to the others of the same species. The are much larger and have glowing red eyes. Be careful when approaching them if your are not prepared. They are very aggressive and will take a powerful team and strategy to take them down.
- Catching an Alpha Pokémon is a challenge, but they will be a very powerful ally on your adventure.
- By visiting the clothier, you can customise your character with a variety of different clothing items. As you progress through the game, you will unlock more outfits to purchase.
- You can also customize your Trainer's hairstyle, hair colour and eyebrow color at the hairdresser.
- Noble Pokémon have been affected by a strange phenomenon causing the nobles to become frenzied, making them rampage. As part of the Survey Corps, you will be recruited to calm these frenzied nobles. Simply defeating them in battle will not calm them. You will have to quell their frenzy by throwing balms made using these noble Pokémon's favourite foods.
- It can be difficult to hit a rampaging noble with these balms, as they will relentlessly attack you. The moment you see an opportunity, hit them with as many balms as you can. Noble Pokémon will attack the player directly, and if you take too much damage, you will black out and need to attempt the battle again.
- Balance throwing your balms with dodging attacks to calm the Noble Pokémon. At some point during the fight, the Noble Pokémon may let down its guard, this is the time to throw your Poké Ball and start a Pokémon battle. These battles are tough and planning ahead is essential if you wish to calm the Noble Pokémon down.