Home / Forums / Merchandise Discussion / Music Discussion / Weekly Episode Music
Thread Posts
28 Oct 2011 08:17 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: ivantuga2
It still isn't in the BGM list though. Did you also add a "Shamisen" track for the "Unreleased"? It's from 19th episode! How did you notice?

It's assigned and the sample is up now. I knew about the one track in PM19 but had been debating whether or not we should add it, decided since another one appeared that might as well add them both as we now have the page dedicated to the unreleased music. Also worked on adding some more samples for the unreleased tracks. It takes a while to prep those. And yes, PM71 definitely has a lot of tracks. :0
Last edited 28 Oct 2011 09:29 PM by Sunain
29 Oct 2011 10:10 AM
ivantuga2 Administrator
Quote From: Sunain
Also worked on adding some more samples for the unreleased tracks. It takes a while to prep those.

Yeah, it does, what with going to each episode where they play and having to upload them to the site! Thanks for making my work a little bit easier.

An unreleased track plays, in PM73 at 10:34 that I can't recognize. The description could be: "Takeshi imagines trying to hit Siba with a stick, but him parrying the shot."
Another one plays in PM75 at 14:13. The description could be: "Musashi walks with a new disguise.". Yet another plays at 16:11 in the same episode. The description could be: "Kojiro scolds Musashi for acting as an individual and not as a team like Rocket Gang."

I decided to speed up the process a bit, so I did 4 episodes today. It was also so that the last episode of one of my next sessions would coincide with the last of Kanto.

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/72#Music
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/73#Music
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/74#Music
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/75#Music
Last edited 29 Oct 2011 10:16 AM by ivantuga2
29 Oct 2011 12:32 PM
Sunain Administrator
An unreleased track plays, in PM73 at 10:34 that I can't recognize. The description could be: "Takeshi imagines trying to hit Siba with a stick, but him parrying the shot."
Another one plays in PM75 at 14:13. The description could be: "Musashi walks with a new disguise.". Yet another plays at 16:11 in the same episode. The description could be: "Kojiro scolds Musashi for acting as an individual and not as a team like Rocket Gang."

I added the tracks, all are unreleased music. The PM73 track at 10:34 is '
Unreleased - Movie 1 Short - Water Pokémon Eyecatch' while the tracks in PM75 'could' possibly be 'one of uses' again. Add those as "Unreleased - Arabian Music" & "Unreleased - Operatic with Violin". Added the samples for those as well in case they appear again at some point.
29 Oct 2011 12:38 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
I added the tracks, all are unreleased music. The PM73 track at 10:34 is '
Unreleased - Movie 1 Short - Water Pokémon Eyecatch' while the tracks in PM75 'could' possibly be 'one of uses' again. Add those as "Unreleased - Arabian Music" & "Unreleased - Operatic with Violin". Added the samples for those as well in case they appear again at some point.

Much thanks for giving names for those unreleased tracks and adding the samples.

I also have a number of questions:
Could I just add the descriptions for the instances of the "new" unreleased tracks in the episodes?
Can I manage the CD 0 so that the numbering of the tracks goes from number 1 and doesn't skip numbers, like now?
What will exactly happen if I change the ID number of the tracks? Will they still be playable and display correctly in the music sections of the episodes?
Last edited 29 Oct 2011 12:40 PM by ivantuga2
29 Oct 2011 12:50 PM
Sunain Administrator
Much thanks for giving names for those unreleased tracks and adding the samples.

No problem. I will continue to organize the unreleased music over the next week or so and work on assigning all the music to Movie 1 short.
29 Oct 2011 01:35 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
No problem. I will continue to organize the unreleased music over the next week or so and work on assigning all the music to Movie 1 short.

You won't be available after next week or so?
29 Oct 2011 01:59 PM
Sunain Administrator

You won't be available after next week or so?

Na I'll be here its just ripping the samples and whatnot takes time to get them going. Might take me a few days to finish it unlike assigning normal episode music where the tracks are already in the database.
30 Oct 2011 11:31 AM
ivantuga2 Administrator
Na I'll be here its just ripping the samples and whatnot takes time to get them going. Might take me a few days to finish it unlike assigning normal episode music where the tracks are already in the database.

Ah, thought so, but the way you worded seemed to imply that you wouldn't be available after next 7-10 days xD. Thanks for clarifying. And yes, it's much more difficult to assign samples for the unreleased tracks than the already released ones. :P

Almost done with Kanto! Just 3 more episodes and the region's BGM is finally complete (a first)!

Some comments: it seems that after the first episodes of going crazy with using Movie 1's music, the OLM's excitement over the addition of new BGM into the series worn off, and they started to use the approach I like the most: using extensively and selectively from all the tracks that would apply the best to the situations starting from Episode 78. It must be noted that every single track that played in that episode was different (sans for the "Type: Wild" playing twice: once in the episode and once as the ending), they even brought back a track that hasn't been played in over a year (at the very end of the actual episode), which just showed how the show's OST no longer felt limited.

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/76#Music
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/77#Music
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/78#Music
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/79#Music

OK, so I found another unreleased BGM, in Episode 77, at 13:12, when Takeshi's describing all the Junsa he met up to that point.
There also plays another one, in Episode 79, at 06:17, when Satoshi's opponent, Kaoruko, enters the field.
Last edited 30 Oct 2011 11:45 AM by ivantuga2
30 Oct 2011 04:06 PM
Sunain Administrator
OK, so I found another unreleased BGM, in Episode 77, at 13:12, when Takeshi's describing all the Junsa he met up to that point. There also plays another one, in Episode 79, at 06:17, when Satoshi's opponent, Kaoruko, enters the field.

Added the Movie 1 Short BGM for Episode 77 at 13:12 as 'Unreleased - Movie 1 Short - Digda and Dugtrio Eyecatch' and in Episode 79 at 06:17 I added 'Unreleased - Kaoruko Appears'. It's amazing that Kanto is almost done! It's really shaping up to be a great reference!
30 Oct 2011 04:32 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
Added the Movie 1 Short BGM for Episode 77 at 13:12 as 'Unreleased - Movie 1 Short - Digda and Dugtrio Eyecatch' and in Episode 79 at 06:17 I added 'Unreleased - Kaoruko Appears'. It's amazing that Kanto is almost done! It's really shaping up to be a great reference!

Thanks for adding those tracks to the database and also the ones from the first Short. I just wanted there to be a reference for all the BGM that has played in the series (100% true only in the Japanese version though), and this site does that excellently. You should probably change or remove the following line in your 1st post of the thread: "Unreleased tracks will either not be reported or not have hyperlinks to the CD database.", to reflect better what we're doing at the moment.

Tomorrow I'm going to finish Kanto and in the following days I'll bring up a small subject that has to do with one of the unreleased tracks. As soon as I get to finish the behind-the-works of it, I'll expose it here in the thread.
Last edited 30 Oct 2011 04:32 PM by ivantuga2