Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Victini and the White Hero - Reshiram Announced
Thread Posts
15 Feb 2011 08:37 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
The official Pocket Monsters Movie website has been counting down for the past 6 days for announcement on February 14th, 2011. The announcement revealed that 14th Pocket Monsters movie will actually be two separate movies that will debut in Japanese theaters on July 16th, 2011. Victini and the White Hero - Reshiram (ビクティニと白き英雄レシラム) was announced and it will complement the previously announced Victini and the Dark Hero - Zekrom (ビクティニと黒き英雄ゼクロム). The March issue of CoroCoro Comics revealed the announcement the day before the confirmation on the official website.

Thumbnail
Click on image for higher resolution

Summary

Our heroes Satoshi and Pikachu are participating in the Aint Oak Harvest Festival battle, where the people of the land live. The story is the same until the mysterious Pokémon Victini appears, but the legendary Pokémon are different for the two movies. The 'Dark Hero' features Zekrom which makes its appearance when it acknowledges a person who is in pursuit of 'dreams', 'White Hero' features Reshiram which makes its appearance when it acknowledges a person who is in pursuit of 'truth'.

主人公のサトシとピカチュウが、大地の民が住むアイントオークで開かれる収穫祭のバトルに参加し、不思議なポケモン・ビクティニと出会うところまでは同じ物語だが、伝説のポケモンが2作それぞれ違う。「黒き英雄-」は「理想」を追求する人間を認めたときに初めて姿を現すゼクロムが、「白き英雄-」では「真実」を追求する人間を認めたときに姿を現すレシラムが登場する。

Posters

Thumbnail Thumbnail
Click on image for higher resolution

Source: http://www.nikkansports.com/
15 Feb 2011 08:54 AM
Sunain Administrator
I'm surprised they haven't done something like this before, having two movies at the same time. Will be interesting to see how much they actually differ.

I'm not sure about the actual name of the location Eind, Eint, Aind, Aint but it seems that 'Oak' (アイントオーク) at the end is right though. Anyone have any thoughts as to what they are referencing for the first part of the name?

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/rokehan/01.html The official website states that the movie takes place in south-eastern France but I cannot find anything that relates to 'aintoooku'.
Last edited 15 Feb 2011 12:47 PM by Sunain
15 Feb 2011 09:34 AM
Actually, I'm a bit surprised myself. The idea seems ok for games, but for movies... not so sure. In fact, I'm not sure whether I understand exactly what their plans are for these movies.

1) Are they two separate full-length movies, completely different?
2) Are they two separate full-length movies, but with small differences, like the video games?
3) Two separate, 'half-length' movies, completely different from one another?

Anyway, I'm curious as to how it will turn out in the end... and whether they're going to go as far as release 2 separate DVDs for them (which seems quite likely, I'm afraid).

Personally, I'm not sure I like the very idea of having two movies if it's just two movies with just a few differences between them... But then again, I'll just wait and see how it turns out in the end. Anyway, that does not mean I'm not excited about that new movie... because I really am.

I really hope the movies will be more like the DP ones, maybe with some sort of 'trilogy' (or any form of direct sequel). I've really enjoyed the DP movies, I consider them quite better than the original and Advanced series movies: better animation of course, but also better story... (well, removing the 'Pikachu movie', and thus having 1h30 for the movie itself really helped for the plot), and overall better music.
Last edited 15 Feb 2011 10:07 AM by Chance
15 Feb 2011 01:34 PM
I have a feeling that Pokemon really wants to get back at Digimon.

(The Digimon Adventure 02 movie was divided into two parts).
J Stars Victory VS: The baby war
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax: The waifu war
15 Feb 2011 05:22 PM
Quote From: Chance
I really hope the movies will be more like the DP ones, maybe with some sort of 'trilogy' (or any form of direct sequel). I've really enjoyed the DP movies, I consider them quite better than the original and Advanced series movies: better animation of course, but also better story... (well, removing the 'Pikachu movie', and thus having 1h30 for the movie itself really helped for the plot), and overall better music.

The first Pokemon movie will always be the best one ever! Sure the quality is bad but the emotions are there. It's epic, it's awesome. Nothing beats it!
Last edited 15 Feb 2011 06:14 PM by Sunain