Home / Forums / News/Current Events / New Black and White Info -
Thread Posts
26 Feb 2011 11:53 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
The official Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version has revealed tons of new information about the upcoming games. Below is all the newly revealed information. With only a week to go till the games launch, a lot of the new information from the games has been revealed. Below is some more new information regarding the games.

The First Gym Leader!

After you leave Accumula Town, the next place to visit is Striaton City. There you'll find Fennel's research facility, as well as the first Pokémon Gym. The Pokémon Gym in Striaton City is a huge building next to the Pokémon Center. Check out the curtain, then step on the symbol that would be most effective against the Pokémon type represented. Make it all the way to the back of the Gym to find the first Gym Leader (and maybe a few friends). Take all the time you need to prepare against the first Gym Leader—the battle will be tough! Beat the Gym Leader to claim the first of eight Gym Badges. You'll need all eight to compete in the Pokémon League! As an additional prize for winning, you'll receive a TM. In Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, you can use TMs as many times as you'd like!

pic pic

The Wonder Launcher

Before now, you couldn't use items during Link Battles. In Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Wonder Launcher will let you do just that! The Wonder Launcher allows you to accumulate a certain number of points each turn, then exchange them for the ability to use items. Players can choose to use the Wonder Launcher at the battle rules setup screen. A new option called Launcher appears on the Touch Screen during battle. Collect points in battle, then spend them on the ability to use items, including HP-recovery items!

pic pic

Poké Transfer

After you've completed the main story, you can use Poké Transfer to bring Pokémon from other regions into your Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version game. Connect with same-language versions of Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver Version to transfer Pokémon into Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version. Then you'll play a mini game to catch Pokémon you transferred. You'll need two Nintendo DS™ systems to use Poké Transfer. After you complete the story, you can visit the Poké Transfer Lab. In the mini game, the Pokémon jumps from shrub to shrub. Throw Poké Balls at the Pokémon to catch it! The Pokémon you catch with Poké Transfer will join your party.

pic pic

Ride the Battle Subway

Looking for a new challenge that will test your Pokémon battling skills? Take a ride on the Battle Subway, a new facility dedicated to giving Trainers tough battles! You can board the Single Train, Double Train, or Multi Train, and in each car you'll face a new opponent. If you win seven battles in a row, you'll earn Battle Points that you can exchange for a variety of prizes! And if you keep winning long enough, an extraordinarily tough Trainer called the Subway Boss will appear...

pic

Visit the Gear Station, where you can choose which train you wish to board. There's no turning back once you board the train! Prepare for consecutive battles against powerful Trainers! While in the Battle Subway, all Pokémon have their level set to Level 50 temporarily. If you win, you'll move on to the next car, where another Trainer awaits. If you win seven battles in a row, the train will reach the station, and you'll receive Battle Points. Spend the Battle Points you've earned on items that can help you in battle!

If you manage to win 20 battles in a row against the tough Trainers in the Battle Subway, you'll be rewarded with an even greater challenge: You'll face one or both of the Subway Bosses on your 21st battle! If you're taking the Single Train, you'll face Ingo, a strong Trainer dressed in brown and black. If you are riding the Double Train, you'll encounter Emmet, who is wearing a brown and white coat. And if you are on the Multi Train, be prepared to face both Ingo and Emmet at the same time!

pic pic

Use Pass Power in the Entralink!

Visit the Entralink to communicate with other players. It's a large area with a variety of places to check out, including the Entree in the center. When you connect with other players via Entralink, you can use Pass Powers to bestow useful effects on the other players. In fact, when you use a Pass Power, it will affect all nearby players. But you need Pass Orbs to use Pass Powers, and to get those, you must complete a mission in another player's world! After traveling to the Entralink, cross the bridge to visit other players' worlds. Examine the Entree in another player's world to accept a mission. You can choose from a wide variety of missions! Most of the missions require you to meet and help the player whose world you're currently visiting. Once you complete a mission, you'll receive Pass Orbs, and your Entree will gain a level. As your Entree gains levels, it will grow! When you complete a mission, you'll get Pass Orbs that you can spend on Pass Powers. Some Pass Powers have incredible effects, but they only last for a short while. Look for Pass Powers that double the Exp. Points earned in battle, or make all items cost half as much as usual!

pic pic

Source: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com
01 Mar 2011 11:38 AM
Hum... looks like the Battle Subway is nothing more than a different-looking Battle Tower. I guess I'm going to give it a try nonetheless, though I think I won't enjoy any more than I did the Battle Towers (never did more than a few battles out there).

But I'm really excited about the Poké Transfer thing. I was wondering at which point it would be possible to transfer the Pokémon from my Diamond/HeartGold versions. I had hoped it would be a mere 'transfer your pokémon' process, but guess I'll have to cope with that minigame... Has anyone tried it yet? I'd like to know if it's more tedious than the Pal Park?
Anyway, I'm stil far to completing the PokéDex in HeartGold (still need all the DP pokémon), and I really can't imagine how long it will take me to get a more or less complete Pokédex in B&W (more or less complete, because of those very special Pokémon you seem never to be able to get, events or not).

Only 3 days left... I really can't wait!