Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Best Wishes and Pokemon Smash's new ending songs
Thread Posts
22 Dec 2011 01:06 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
Starting with the first episode of 2012 and the 63rd episode overall, January 5th's A Subterranean Gym Match! VS Yacon!!, Pocket Monsters Best Wishes will be featuring a new ending theme.

It is titled "A Seven-colored Arch" (Nana-iro arch 七色アーチ), and will feature a chorus of multiple generations of Pokémon singers; Toshiko Ezaki, the singer of Advanced Generation's Soko ni sora ga aru kara and Smile, Fumie Akiyoshi, the singer of Diamond and Pearl's Together, Kono yubi tomare and Saikō everyday, and Aki Okui, the singer of Best Wishes' Kokoro no fanfare. It will replace Can You Say the Pokémon? BW (Version 2) ポケモン言えるかな?BW (バージョン2) which has been the ending song since BW54.

The song will feature Dent as its conductor, and is perfectly suited for school graduations and entrance ceremonies, cheering on good friends and compatriots as they head towards their future. Satoshi, Iris and the Pokémon will also be featured heavily, so sing along, everyone!
pic

Pokémon Smash will also be debuting a new ending theme with episode 65, We Pichu Brothers 'Millenium Town, the City of Encounters' 'Nyarth's Part-Time Job is Tough!?' / Unaired Material Special! A Ranking of the Top 20 'No no, cut that' Scenes!.

This song will be I am a hero by Stereopony, and a performance of the song will be done during episode 64, Tornelos VS Voltolos VS Landlos! (Part 2) / A Competition in Making Pokémon New Years' Meals! / Stereopony Introduces their 'PokéSma!' ED song and Battle / Misaki Reports on the Various 'Pokémon Center Tohoku' Events!.

pic

Source: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp
23 Dec 2011 08:17 AM
I'm glad the anime series is finally getting a new ending. The current one really was one of the worst in the entire series, in my opinion. The new one sounds quite interesting, especially since it'll feature several singers from previous opening/ending songs.

Quote From: News
This song will be I am a hero by Stereopony, and a performance of the song will be done during episode 64

What do you mean by that? That it'll feature as an insert song?

I really wonder when the anime will get a new opening song. Back when BW first aired, I was kinda hoping we'd get a new one with new Pokémon silhouette as soon as all the ones from the first opening would've been revealed. I really like this concept.
23 Dec 2011 08:57 AM
Adamant Administrator
Quote From: Chance

What do you mean by that? That it'll feature as an insert song?

As the picture shows, Stereopony will visit the set in episode 64 and do a live performance of the song. The actual ending will most likely use footage from this performance.
23 Dec 2011 09:14 AM
ivantuga2 Administrator
I had a kinda cold reception at the two previous BW endings. The first was more like a slide show and the music, while good, wasn't anything spectacular, while the second is really one of the worst in the entire series. Saying the names of the Pokémon... c'mon.

I'm looking forward to this one! I also wonder when they'll start use the endings as insert songs, like they did for the first 4 generations (unless I missed instances of that happening).
23 Dec 2011 08:58 PM
Sunain Administrator
The ending song "I am a Hero" is already on Stereopony's latest CD "More! More!! More!!!" which was released earlier in the month.

CD Link: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/cd/228