Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Nintendo Wii U to Launch in November and December ...
Thread Posts
13 Sep 2012 12:34 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced this morning in the latest Nintendo Direct that the Nintendo Wii U would be released in Japan on December 8th, 2012. The Premium set will sell for 31,500 yen while the Basic set will sell for 26,250yen. No Pokémon games for Wii U were announced at any of the press conferences.

Reggie Fils-Aime announced later in the day at the Nintendo's Wii U event in New York City that the system would launch on November 18th, 2012 in North America. The Deluxe Set will sell for $349.99 while the Basic set will sell for $299.99. The Wii U will launch in Europe on November 30th, 2012.

Thumbnail Thumbnail
Click on image for higher resolution

The Deluxe Set comes with everything a player needs to start playing right out of the box including the Nintendo Land video game, plus additional storage space and accessories. The Basic Set comes with all the necessities for Wii U gameplay, plus access to a wide range of online entertainment and features.

Premium Set Includes: Black Wii U Hardware, 32GB Internal storage, Wii U GamePad, Wii U GamePad Stylus, Sensor bar, Wii U console AC adapter, Wii U GamePad AC adapter, HDMI cable, Nintendo Land video game, Deluxe Digital Promotion, Wii U GamePad Stand, Wii U GamePad Cradle, Wii U Console Stand

Basic Set Includes: White Wii U Hardware, 8GB Internal storage, Wii U GamePad, Wii U GamePad Stylus, Sensor bar, Wii U console AC adapter, Wii U GamePad AC adapter, HDMI cable

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/features/whats-in-the-box/
18 Sep 2012 05:23 AM
I'm surprised they included the HDMI cable, I was somewhat expecting them to make us purchase it separately... or at least include both AV/HDMI.

This is perfectly fine for me, not to have to purchase anything more with the Premium Pack.

Already pre-ordered the Premium Pack, though I'm still hesitating about that special ZombiU bundle... :o