Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto discusses his work on ...
Thread Posts
16 Apr 2016 01:17 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
Shigeru Miyamoto, Game Designer & Creative Fellow at Nintendo, discusses his work on the Pokémon video games and celebrates 20 years of Pokémon adventures in a short interview that was posted to The Official Pokémon YouTube Channel.

Interview

Interview Transcription

Pokémon, congratulation on your 20th anniversary.

At the same time, as one of the producers on the very first Pokémon games, I want to say thank you for all your kind support. Although this year marks the 20th anniversary, I was working with Ishihara-san from about six years before that, testing out what would become the first Pokémon games. The reason it took so long was because we were also working on EarthBound. Once that was finished, we were able to move full speed ahead with Pokémon.

My main contribution was working with Tajiri-san and his team on creating a new way to play using a Nintendo Game Link Cable to connecto two Game Boy systems. Time flew by, and new there are Pokémon games in so many colors! Twenty years. I almost can't believe it. Everyone, thank you for your support.
16 Apr 2016 04:34 AM
He forgot to mention he invented Gary Oak.
lol, internet