Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pokémon DP Sound Library Website
Thread Posts
26 Dec 2021 06:54 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots

To celebrate the release of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, a Pokémon DP Sound Library website launched on December 23rd, 2021. The site contains all the music from the Nintendo DS Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Super Music Collection CD and can be downloaded or listened to for free off the website. The download license is only valid for Japan and as such the website and downloads are region locked. The soundtrack was posted on the official Japanese Pokémon YouTube channel on December 24th, 2021 and was region free. On February 2nd, 2022, the official Pokémon YouTube channel also posted the soundtrack.

What is the Pokémon DP Sound Library?

The Pokémon DP Sound Library allows users to listen to music from the Nintendo DS game Pokémon Diamond and Pearl released in 2006, as well as download sound data and sheet music. Enjoy the sound world of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which can be said to be the foundation of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and Pokémon LEGENDS Arceus respectively.

What you can do with the Pokémon DP Sound Library

Listen to and enjoy the music you remember. From the MUSIC BOX function, you can listen to a total of 149 tracks of BGM and sound effects from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl for free. You can also select 6 of your favorite songs to create your own collection. In the PLAYLISTS function, you can listen to songs selected according to a theme.

By agreeing to the terms of use, you will be able to download the sound data. The downloaded sound data can be used for creative activities and performances, as long as you follow the terms of use.

Downloading and performing music scores: You can download sheet music for some of the songs by agreeing to the terms of use. You can use them for educational purposes, such as performing them at music school recitals or using them as teaching materials for school classes.

Examples of OK/NG use

OK: Use for the following non-commercial purposes.
  • Creating video or audio using this site's sound source and posting it on websites or SNS including various distribution sites.
  • Use as background music or sound effects for videos, and post them on websites and SNS including various distribution sites.
  • Posting videos of performances on video distribution sites and SNS.
  • Use as background music for dance, drama, comedy, etc., and post the videos on video distribution sites and SNS.
  • Create a music piece and post it on a music distribution site or SNS.
  • Use it as background music or sound effects for your own website.
  • Use it as background music/play it at events and performances.
  • Use it as background music for local events.
  • Use as background music for dance, theater, comic performances, etc.
  • Use as background music for the entrance of a sports game
  • Use as background music at a wedding ceremony for the bride, groom, and other guests.
  • Perform at a concert where no revenue is generated.

NG:
  • Use for profit-making purposes
  • Use to advertise or promote a specific product, service, or organization Broadcast on television or radio.
  • Distributing this site's sound files or works based on this site's sound files on CDs, USBs, or other data storage media.
  • Redistribution of this site's sound files to third parties (e.g., by allowing other users to download this site's sound files via web services or applications).
  • Use in games, applications, or software programs
  • Use in a manner that may mislead others into believing that it is an official announcement by Pokémon
  • Use in a manner that may mislead others into believing that the work or event is officially supported by Pokémon
  • Use at events where the organizer is earning revenue (including cases where the user is not earning revenue)
  • Use that defames the reputation or credibility of a third party
  • Use to advocate a specific politics, religion, or ideology
  • Use in combination with elements of characters other than Pokémon
  • Use that infringes the rights of a third party
  • Use that violates the laws and regulations of the country where the sound source of this Site is used
  • Use that is offensive to public order and morals, or that encourages such offense
  • Use for educational purposes (see exceptions)

Those in charge of education and those receiving education may use this site's sound sources to the extent deemed necessary for educational purposes. Exceptions may be made for educational use, provided that no profit is generated. This site is also available for use in music schools that teach singing or musical instruments for a fee.

Examples of Educational use:
  • Use as part of school education (public or private)
  • Use as a subject for school recitals
  • Use at school events such as athletic meets and cultural festivals
  • For use as part of club activities, such as a brass band performance
  • Use as teaching materials for music schools (Music schools that charge a monthly fee can also use this service.)
  • Use as a subject for music school recitals.

Source: https://soundlibrary.pokemon.co.jp/

YouTube Clip - Pokémon DP Sound Library

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wF7P_UcETw

YouTube Clip - Pokémon Diamond + Pokémon Pearl Original Soundtrack

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDg0T0hsJkc

Alan Shirahama - on my way to Glory

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ay8PV-NBNs

COMMENT
To be given an opportunity to arrange Pokémon game music like this is such a fulfilling and wild experience for me. My younger self would have been overjoyed by the very idea. I like my beats to roll with a story-like structure and momentum, so I started off by conceptualizing how a Pokémon Trainer's everyday life would play out. The music begins with a laid-back mood in the Pokémon Center, which then transitions to a heated Trainer battle where the struggle to stay in the fight adds to the feeling of tension and excitement, and so forth. Hope you enjoy.

Alan Shirahama is a performer who made his debut in November 2012 as a member of "GENERATIONS", one of the most popular dance & vocal groups in Japan today. Alan became a member of the group "EXILE" in 2014. Alan's creativity and talent have no limits. In 2015, he started his career as a DJ and joined a creative music unit PKCZ®. Alan's style includes elements of Bass Music, Trap and Dubstep. He also cultivate his affinity for Hip Hop, Pop, House, and Disco through his love for dance. As a multi-talented artist... a DJ, trackmaker, actor, and singer... Alan is expected to make his way in the world.

Hyadain - Gyarados!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1Vssp-D7g

COMMENT
I mean, come on, you get full free access to the entire collection of original sound data from Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version, and be able to mix and match them to your heart's content? Count me in!

When I thought about Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version, a quick trip down memory lane took me back to the scene with the special report, "Search for the Red Gyarados!" featured on the TV early in the game. And just like that, my passion for Gyarados really exploded.

This Pokémon bears the handy "Intimidate" Ability, and even "Moxie" which I think is quite slick. Its Attack stat is certainly up there, but its Special Attack value isn’t too bad either. The Mega Evolved form is jaw-dropping to gaze at.

Sure, Gyarados is vulnerable to Electric-type moves, but that is nothing compared to the countless times this Pokémon saved me in close battles. All this nudged me towards crying out its name the way I did in my music.

I sprinkled in all sorts of sampled in-game sounds into the mix for your ears to spot, but it was far from exhausting the vast variety of assets provided in "Pokémon DP Sound Library". With all this material to work off of, I'm excited to see what kind of arrangement other artists will compose. To all Pokémon Trainer musicians out there! GYARADOS!!

Hyadain is a Japan-based composer / arranger / lyricist who has written and produced a wide array of songs for J-POP artists and idol groups on one end, and anime and games on the other. His music career began with a piano at the age of three, which eventually led to his break into the professional scene in 2007 through sampling video game music, among other works. Today, Hyadain is active in multiple playing fields, including making regular appearances on Pokémon television shows.
Last edited 10 Feb 2022 02:37 AM by ForumBot