Home / Imageboard / Submit News / Victini download event in France
File: 12990811060029.png (800px x 1057px - 898.61 KiB)
Posted by: Chance on 02 Mar 2011 10:51:45 (No. 12144)
I just received this email from Nintendo France. It's about a special event which, apparently, will allows players to download Victini if they stop by their favorite store, starting March the 4th. Here's a translation of the mail

Starting this Friday, in order to celebrate the release of Pokémon Black and White versions, you can get the ultra-rare Pokémon Victini, exclusively at your favorite store, from March the 4th to April the 22nd.

Take your Nintendo DS and your Pokémon Black/White version with you, then follow these instructions:

How to get Victini?

You need a Nintendo DS (lite, DSi, DSi XL), as well as a copy of Pokémon Black or White.
You need to get the PokéDex in the game.
You can't have more than 11 wonder cards. If you already have 11 of them, you'll need to delete one of them.
You can't get Victini more than once per game.
Start your console and launch the game. Click on 'Mystery present', then select 'Receive the present via wireless connnection'.

(Sorry for the bad translation of 'mystery present' at the end, I don't know the English name for that option in the game)

Anyway, I'm really surprised by this special download event. I thought you could only get Victini by getting the Victory Pass, via the NWFC, a pass that would grant you access to a special tower where you can find Victini. The official French website says so. But this email is pretty clear: if you get to some stores (probably Micromania, FNAC and such), you can download the Pokémon directly to your game.
Maybe it just means that you'll be also able to get the Victory Pass if you go to a brick and mortar store (if you can't use the NWFC for example), but I can't say for sure.

Anyway, I'm going to check this myself when I get the game, this Friday.
Untitled Reply
Posted by: Chance on 04 Mar 2011 04:11:30 (No. 12202)
Well, the official website was updated, and has clarified Nintendo's email.
You won't get Victini directly if you go to a store, you'll just download the Pass. It's a probably something they came up with for people without a (wireless) internet connection.