Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Advanced Episodes / AG 192: Once More with Reeling/サトシVSハルカ!ラストバトル!!
Thread Posts
07 Sep 2006 03:00 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: Once More with Reeling/サトシVSハルカ!ラストバトル!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
24 Feb 2012 08:57 PM
Sunain Administrator
The second last episode of AG! After going back and watching this episode after a few years, I really miss AG! I especially liked the whole Battle Frontier arc. I really think the music is what made AG and it was showcased heavily in this episode in particular. The English dub cut all three of the insert songs and its amazing just how big of an impact the music makes on the 'feel' of an episode. It just didn't seem as energetic without the great music.

AG192 Edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/467#Edits
AG192 Music: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/467#Music
25 Feb 2012 12:31 PM
Adamant Administrator
Added details about an untranslatable pun the dub had to write around to the edits page.
26 Feb 2012 10:45 AM
ivantuga2 Administrator
Quote From: Sunain
The second last episode of AG! After going back and watching this episode after a few years, I really miss AG! I especially liked the whole Battle Frontier arc. I really think the music is what made AG and it was showcased heavily in this episode in particular. The English dub cut all three of the insert songs and its amazing just how big of an impact the music makes on the 'feel' of an episode. It just didn't seem as energetic without the great music.

To be honest, I think the farewell scene with Haruka was rather weak, despite her appearing again 1.5 years after this episode. I confess that I only watched the dub version, which replaced most of the awesome musics, but I don't think that when I finally see it in japanese and with the powerful music that I'll change much my view. She wasn't shown to be even slightly sad by the fact that she was departing with Satoshi and Takeshi! She was more concerned about the rivals that she would have in Jouto. Masato appeared to be more sad at the event!

However, Shigeru appearing was nice foreshadowing, even though he would only appear in 4 episodes in Shinou. The rest of the episode was pretty nice too. Definitely a much better finale than at the end of the original series, which had a mostly filler feeling to it.
Last edited 26 Feb 2012 10:46 AM by ivantuga2
04 Mar 2012 07:59 AM
Ah, the end of AG... the whole contest felt really forced (just like Wakashamo evolving at the end), but it was still a nice episode. Not quite original, and a tad predictable, but I did enjoy the battle between Haruka and Satoshi... but didn't he already take part in a contest before? Or did he only do that in DP?

But that cliffhanger.... definitely one of the worst I have ever seen!

The episode made me realise how unique AG was compared to the other series... then again, I could say the same about the game it's based on. You can really feel in that episode the very special feeling of the entire AG series...
Personally, I was never too fond of the whole contest thing, but I have to admit it's part of what gave AG this peculiar feeling. They did get much better in DP in my opinion.
Last edited 04 Mar 2012 08:02 AM by Chance