Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Coro Coro - June Issue
Thread Posts
12 May 2010 08:28 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
ThumbnailImages from the June issue of Coro Coro have been released which show the new starter Pokémon, the new region and the new protagonists.

New Features:
  • New region: Isshu Region (イッシュ地方)
  • New protagonists: Slightly older than the previous games
12 May 2010 08:36 AM
Sunain Administrator
The new starter Pokemon, look like Pokemon. I don't like the look of the new green grass type one. Looks a little funny. The new region looks like its based on a island city. Nice to see some more details from these games beginning to come out.
12 May 2010 08:45 AM
BigCN401 Administrator
One of the Pokémon doesn't look too happy, and I don't blame it. It looks ugly. lol
12 May 2010 11:35 AM
OMG! what happened to the starter water type?!?!? O___O~ pocchama could be replaced by something much more nicer! O_O not this... thing! O_O ... the fire type is ok for me, looks too happy, though hahaha and the grass type was the one i liked the most! ^^ ill definitely choose it as my starter on bw ;]~thanks for sharing this info, sunain ;] oh yeah, almost forget to mention the new protagonist... the guy looks so nice! *__* and i didnt like the girl that much... i wonder why every trainer has to have something on their heads... ¬¬'~ anyways... *-* im anxious to get them to play! :D
Last edited 12 May 2010 11:38 AM by kaze
12 May 2010 01:20 PM
Adamant Administrator
I love the new trainers. For once, we get good designs for both the male and female characters, with neither of them standing out as more appealing than the other.
12 May 2010 01:32 PM
The new girls design looks MUCH better than Dawn. A lot less girly.

Hopefully (or likely) Dawn will be replaced by her in the next saga.
12 May 2010 04:40 PM
The pokemon look Weird.
Look at my YouTube account!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mariobrosfan4000/
12 May 2010 10:52 PM
This will be interesting to see how the Anime series will be based off of these new games. Will Ash and Brock still remain at their age range like they've been all these years, or will they look older and more mature? Maybe Ash, Brock, and Team Rocket will be replaced with an entirely new set of characters based on these new games? This is getting interesting to see how they can pull this off. I can't wait for the USA release to come now... :D
13 May 2010 01:47 AM
Quote From: ShinyArceus77
This will be interesting to see how the Anime series will be based off of these new games. Will Ash and Brock still remain at their age range like they've been all these years, or will they look older and more mature? Maybe Ash, Brock, and Team Rocket will be replaced with an entirely new set of characters based on these new games? This is getting interesting to see how they can pull this off. I can't wait for the USA release to come now... :D

Actually Ash and Brock are 19 years old according to the Japanese Flashvack episodes since they represent one year of Ash's journeys since the flashbacks are aired repeat 9 times. Also dawn appears to be 11 years in age.
Last edited 13 May 2010 01:48 AM by VivioZwei12