Home / Forums / News/Current Events / New anime series, Pocket Monsters Best Wishes, ann...
Thread Posts
01 Jul 2010 07:00 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
At the end of today's episode of Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl, a short preview for the upcoming anime series based on the Pocket Monsters Black and Pocket Monsters White video games was shown. The preview revealed the name of the series, Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! (ポケットモンスターベストウイッシュ), and showed the silhouettes of two new characters. TV Tokyo's official DP site updated with the same information shortly after. Some time ago, an animators' guide for this upcoming series was posted online, showing off what can be assumed to be the characters starring in the first episode. While the picture was taken with a grain of salt, the silhouette revealed today is clearly showing the girl from this guide, making it extremely likely it's the real thing. Click on the image for higher resolution
Last edited 01 Jul 2010 04:06 PM by Adamant
01 Jul 2010 12:33 PM
Well, so long Dawn...and possibly Brock.

I hope this girl proves more interesting than Dawn if we're going to have to watch her for 200 episodes.
01 Jul 2010 01:02 PM
Sunain Administrator
It does seem like the original leaked image is indeed infact legit. I'm not a big fan of the title of the show though. I was hoping it was just going to be "Black and White". Best Wishes sounds too 'Dubbish'.
01 Jul 2010 02:32 PM
I think that "Best Wishes" could work as long as it has some sort of deep plot relevance. Other than that, man that girl character has some crazy hair.
01 Jul 2010 04:05 PM
Adamant Administrator
Well, the name can be taken to be a pun on the region name, Isshu (イッシュ), which is spelled the same was as the last part of the series name.
01 Jul 2010 09:30 PM
imaliar Administrator
Mustachioed man is named Don George.

Koromori is a combination of koro koro (the sound of rolling) and koumori (bat), replacing the 'u' in koumori with the "ro" of koro.

I do so very much hate the title though. So many better titles could have come from "BW" than "Best Wishes". Unless Satoshi/Ash is gonna have a Jirachi, they need to change the title >_>

It's probably a good thing Satoshi's new companion isn't the BW Protagonist♀, because she is old enough for Takeshi to hit on, and then we'd never get rid of him... and if he is coming back eventually, then at least the new companion is young enough that we wont be seeing him constantly hitting on her followed by the subsequent assault on his posterior (Oh Croagunk, I'll miss your poisonous kanchou-ing)
Last edited 02 Jul 2010 02:05 PM by imaliar
Randomness makes the world go round. So, I guess I spin the world right 'round, baby right 'round. Kuru kuru kuru! And spin!

User Image
02 Jul 2010 10:10 AM
Quote From: precita
Well, so long Dawn...and possibly Brock.

And maybe Ash too...or the Ash we all know and love...

EDIT: Wait, Ash is in the series, so is Team Rocket. Not sure about Pikachu though...
Last edited 02 Jul 2010 10:13 AM by Rumpelstiltskin
Look at my YouTube account!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mariobrosfan4000/
02 Jul 2010 10:13 AM
Quote From: Rumpelstiltskin

And maybe Ash too...or the Ash we all know and love...

Ash and Team Rocket were seen on that other model sheet.

Dawn leaving was a given, and it seems like they've finally given up on Brock. I wonder if this is the end of Contests in the anime too, it doesn't seem like they're as popular as they used to be in the series.
03 Jul 2010 07:49 AM
I kinda liked the whole thing... i learnt to start liking new stuff when it comes to pokemon... since we love the series, games, cards, etc... we'll have to get used to the new thing hahahaha ;) I also think the title could have been a lil more planned to come out a better one than best wishes, but since I realized 'wish' is pronounced the same way as the new region name (in japanese), i found it interesting ^-^
04 Jul 2010 12:11 AM
I had a feeling for a long time DP was going to be Brock's last saga. His lack of Pokemon and new captures this arc pointed to it, as well as his lack of overall screentime.

This new guy will obviously last longer than Tracey did in the anime. I doubt Brock will ever come back if he proves to be a popular replacement.

Between that and Misty being ignored and forgotten throughout DP, it seems like the writers are done with all the older characters.