Join Date: 08 Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 335
Title: Re: Movie 14: ビクティニと黒き英雄/Victini to kuroki eiyū
I really loved this movie, which is my favorite since the 10th one.
There's quite a lot for me to say about this movie, so I'll break it in several parts:
1) First, the animation. It really gets better with each movie, and it did get even prettier with this one too... especially in glorious 1080p, which made the movie really impressive visually.
2) The setting was really charming, and really reminded me of the town in Movie 10 (which is probably why I really liked it).
3) The story was really interesting, and I'm glad this movie dropped the usual 'super-powerful-villain-who-tries-to-get-the-lengedary-pokémon-to-take-over-the-world' plot, and instead went with something a bit more original (at least for the Pokémon series). I really enjoyed watching Reshiram and Zekrom actually cooperating and not fighting each other that much, as I've grown a bit tired of the usual 'legendary-pokémon-wanting-to-murder-each-other' theme.
I found the whole 'People of the Earth' lore rather interesting, even if I was a bit confused as to why they actually scattered all over the world in the first place (why didn't they stay in the city where the movie takes place?).
4) Victini. I mean, it gotta be one of my favorite Gen V Pokémon. He's, like, totally cute and funny, and so powerful too. It's like, he's too awesome to be true. :p
5) Zekrom. He's like... *ahem*
6) The music was rather different from the previous movies... I can't quite put my finger on it, but something was rather off. For example, there was example where the music didn't exactly fit, but maybe it's just me?
Overall, this was a great movie... definitely not perfect, but I certainly enjoyed it a great deal.
I'm sure I could write even more about the movie, but I think I'll leave it at that ;)
Last edited 13 Mar 2012 03:36 PM by Chance