Home / Forums / Games Discussion / Fifth Generation / Vanillite, Vanillish & Vanilluxe
Thread Posts
12 Feb 2011 03:49 PM
wow, ice-cream pokémon, I could just imagine the design studios, a man in a corner designing 5th gen pokémon eating an icecream, and tha is when it came to him, after thinking for hours, nothing coming to mind (not like the sudio is a boring place 'cus it must be like epic) and takes a like at his ice cream... icecream flys around his head and he draws it down, and then a double cone ice-cream.
12 Feb 2011 05:30 PM
Sunain Administrator
I guess when anyone uses the move 'Lick' it should be super effective against them. Though I agree with you, whoever though Ice Cream Pokemon was a good idea seriously needs to be fired. Worst Pokemon that they have ever come up with. The fact that they made 3 of them is just stupid.
19 Feb 2011 05:15 AM
What, they actually made an Ice-cream pokémon? Haven't seen the Pokémon yet, but I do find the idea quite silly... not sure what they were thinking about when
they created (and more importantly approved) this one.

Maybe they were already preparing themselves to sell some limited edition Pokémon-shaped Ice-Creams next summer...?
Last edited 19 Feb 2011 05:15 AM by Chance
14 Mar 2011 07:47 PM
Those Pokemon were three of the six designed by an American.
15 Mar 2011 02:50 PM
Yup, it does look like there's one James Turner who designed some Pokémon. I'm quite surprised, I didn't know there was an American guy working at GameFreak (maybe he's not...?),.

Personally, the only Pokémon which really bother me was Vanillite. I can't exactly explain why, but I find him rather creepy for some reason...
Unfortunately, the move 'Lick' isn't actually more powerful on those Pokémon... that would have been hilarious if it was.
Last edited 15 Mar 2011 02:52 PM by Chance
30 Apr 2011 02:42 PM
Despite the fact that it looks pretty stupid. it is one of only four final evolution Pokemon that is pure ice and has decent special attack stats (if you can get a modest nature). A good ground move would've been nice for it to have though, that could've taken down three of its weaknesses.

BTW - What were the other characters created by the American?
12 Nov 2011 06:08 PM
According to Bulbapedia, he also designed Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Golett, and Golurk. And he's not American. He is British.
Last edited 12 Nov 2011 06:09 PM by Takeshi