Home / Forums / Merchandise Discussion / CD / DVD / TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best ...
Thread Posts
22 Feb 2011 06:09 PM
Sunain Administrator
The Track titles and Samples for this CD have been added to the CD Database.

CD: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/cd/214

This CD definitely does not finish up the BGM set for the Original, AG and DP series. There is quite a lot of music missing, mainly related to OP/END songs that had instrumental versions in the series. Battle Frontier Guitar Solo, Kimi no Mune de Piano version, Tomodachi kinebi are definitely missing. Not to mention Kimi no Mune de Vocal and karaoke instrumental versions on an actual CD not a download. Still its a great set with a ton of unreleased tracks. It is VERY annoying that they didn't put official track names like they did with the first set. Why didn't they put track names... Let's hope for Vol 3!

Last edited 22 Feb 2011 06:53 PM by Sunain
23 Feb 2011 02:09 AM
Thanks so much for the samples, I really can't wait to get my copy(ies haha) now. Considering that a second volume wasn’t supposed to be released in the first place, I’m not really surprised they didn’t name the tracks. But yeah, it’d have been great to put a name to every one of them :) And I agree with you about the instrumental version of the OP/ED songs, I wish there were Kimi no Mune ni LaLaLa ♥ If I’m not wrong, there’s also an instrumental one of Mezase Pokémon Master, the preview BGM which was used for the original series. Oh well, I guess OK! was my (everyone’s) most wanted song ever anyway.
If this one were to sale well too, they may consider a volume 3!!!
23 Feb 2011 05:26 AM
This CD looks great, I can't wait to get my hands on it... if I ever do. But what I'm really looking forward to is the soundtrack CD for Best Wishes. I really wonder why they don't simply release normal soundtracks CDs, pretty much like for every other anime out there in Japan. And considering how successful the previous soundtrack CD was (which lead to this second CD), there's really no reason why they shouldn't do so.

Anyway, I'm not really surprised there isn't all BGM tracks on this CD... It'd have been strange to have the whole soundtrack for all series (I mean, the series have been running for 14 years now, hasn't it?). And frankly, why call it 'Original Soundtrack Best' if you're going to put every single track in it?
And I agree it's really a pity not to have titles for all tracks, and I really don't understand why they didn't come up with some... I don't mind titles entirely in Japanese, but... oh well.

Question: if I understand correctly, this CD contains mainly (only) tracks composed by Shinji Miyazaki for the TV series, and not his 'reorchestration' of the game soundtrack, like the 1st CD, right?
If so, this CD really looks even more awesome. Thanks for the previews, can't wait to get the CD myself.
25 Feb 2011 10:45 AM
Sunain Administrator
With the help of Adamant and Erlade, I have created a Background Music CD Comparison chart to make it easy for people to know which tracks have duplicates on other CD's. Before the TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best CD's were released, various Pocket Monsters CD had some the background music featured on the sets.

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/content/CD_Comparison

27 Feb 2011 08:22 AM
This is really helpful! Thank you, you, Adamant and Elrade!! Looks like I'll still have to get my hands on the Anime Collection album after all... I couldn't find it in my store though.

By the way, you forgot "2006-2010(DP)-M06 ~君のそばで(ヒカリのテーマ)~ (BONUS-TRACK) 君のそばで〜バラード・インストVER.〜" in the comparison chart, which is the track 3 of Together/Kimi no Soba de single if I'm not wrong.
27 Feb 2011 07:01 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Tikky
By the way, you forgot "2006-2010(DP)-M06 ~君のそばで(ヒカリのテーマ)~ (BONUS-TRACK) 君のそばで〜バラード・インストVER.〜" in the comparison chart, which is the track 3 of Together/Kimi no Soba de single if I'm not wrong.

Thanks, I've added it to the chart. Forgot about that one.