Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pocket Monsters Best Wishes 25
Thread Posts
17 Mar 2011 04:45 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
picThe latest episode of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes 25 - Hiun City! Fushide Panic!! (ヒウンシティ! フシデパニック!!) aired on Thursday in Japan.

Returning back to Hiun City from the wastelands, Satoshi and friends meet up with Arti-san for Satoshi's gym battle. Can Satoshi defeat Arti for his third Isshu badge?

This episode had vertical and horizontal emergency news scroll bars on the screen and the actual episode was shrunk to the top right corner. There were also extra notices at the beginning of the episode stating that The Rocket Gang VS the Plasma Gang! (ロケット団VSプラズマ団!) episodes that were supposed to air before this episode will air at a later time. Also note that next weeks episode also has a schedule change. BW27 - Beware of the Cute Face! Paralyzed by Emonga!! (かわいい顔に要注意!エモンガでシビレビレ!!) will air instead of BW26 - Hiun City Fishing Tournament! Enter the Fisherman Sommelier Dent!! (ヒウンシティのつり大会!釣りソムリエ・デント登場!!)

Characters and Pictures from this episode have been added to the episode guide. You can also comment and discuss this episode on the forum. Also be sure to rate this and other episodes in the episode guide.
18 Mar 2011 10:51 AM
Quote From: Sunain
This episode had vertical and horizontal emergency news scroll bars on the screen and the actual episode was shrunk to the top right corner.

Wh-what? Do you mean, it's a bit like the 'ads screens', when they show the list of sponsors, except this time it's during the whole episode?
18 Mar 2011 11:25 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Chance
Quote From: Sunain
This episode had vertical and horizontal emergency news scroll bars on the screen and the actual episode was shrunk to the top right corner.

Wh-what? Do you mean, it's a bit like the 'ads screens', when they show the list of sponsors, except this time it's during the whole episode?

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images/ib/64/13003755080046.png

Last edited 18 Mar 2011 11:26 PM by Sunain
19 Mar 2011 06:08 AM
Ok, thanks for the screenshot. I checked the ones in the episode guide, and it looks like the bands on the left and bottom removed.
Well, it's not as bad as I expected. At least, it still looks like 16:9.

By the way, I just noticed some more episodes had been delayed... I just hope there won't be more afterwards. I understand the Rocket Gang vs Plasma Gang ep. have been delayed, but why the one about a fishing tournament?
19 Mar 2011 08:47 AM
Adamant Administrator
Yes, we cropped the shots for the episode pictures.

My guess regarding BW26's cancellation is because it either deals with something or someone creating massive threatening waves, or with someone ending up almost drowning. Neither are things you really want to show as entertainment in Japan right now. If the episode eventually airs, we'll probably be able to guess the reasoning better.
Last edited 19 Mar 2011 08:51 AM by Adamant
19 Mar 2011 08:21 PM
Quote From: Adamant
Yes, we cropped the shots for the episode pictures.

My guess regarding BW26's cancellation is because it either deals with something or someone creating massive threatening waves, or with someone ending up almost drowning. Neither are things you really want to show as entertainment in Japan right now. If the episode eventually airs, we'll probably be able to guess the reasoning better.

maybe you're right. maybe because of the tsunami they had to cancel or air it later on
22 Mar 2011 11:26 AM
Quote From: Adamant

Hum... I didn't think about that. Yes, that sure would make sense.
Anyway, whatever the reason, with each day that goes by, there's one more thing going on the pile of things they just can't show on TV right now.

I'm wondering if those 'cancelled' episode will air in the US or not, or if they'll wait for them to air in Japan first. I don't quite know how they decide this kind of things in the English dub, though this is kind of an unprecedented situation.
Last edited 22 Mar 2011 11:31 AM by Chance