Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pocket Monsters BW Pokémon TV Anime Collection DVD...
Thread Posts
01 May 2011 01:11 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new DVD box set has been announced for release in Japan on August 2nd, 2011. Pocket Monsters BW Pokémon TV Anime Collection DVD ~A New Journey!~ (ポケットモンスターBW ポケモンTVアニメコレクションDVD ~新たなる旅立ち!~) is an 8 disk DVD set similar to previous box sets released in the past. The DVD's can be purchased separately or as a full box set for 3,192yen. The DVD's each contain 2 episodes, one from the new Best Wishes series and one from the original Kanto series. Below are the details for the DVD's.

Episode Information
DVD # Series Name
DVD 1 SL 1 Pokémon! I Choose You! / Pokémon! I Choose You!
DVD 1 BW 2 Enter Iris And Axew! / Iris and Kibago!
DVD 2 SL 3 Ash Catches a Pokémon / Get Pokémon!
DVD 2 BW 3 A Sandile Gusher of Change / Mijumaru! Meguroco! Close Call!!
DVD 3 SL 10 Fushigidane of the Hidden Village / Fushigidane of the Hidden Village
DVD 3 BW 4 The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice / Battle Club! A Mysterious Pokémon Appears!!
DVD 4 SL 11 Charmander the Stray Pokemon / Stray Pokémon Hitokage
DVD 4 BW 7 Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! / Tsutarja - Attraction via Getting!?
DVD 5 SL 12 Here Comes the Squirtle Squad / Enter the Zenigame Squad!
DVD 5 BW 8 Saving Darmanitan From the Bell! / Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!
DVD 6 SL 39 Pikachu's Good-Bye / The Forest of Pikachu
DVD 6 BW 9 The Bloom Is on Axew! / Pendror's Rampage! Rescue Kibago!!
DVD 7 SL 72 Go West, Young Meowth / Nyarth's ABCs
DVD 7 BW 11 A Home for Dwebble / Ishizumai! Take Back your Home!!
DVD 8 SL 56 The Ultimate Test / Pokemon Certification Test!?
DVD 8 BW 13 Mincinno-Neat and Tidy / Chillarmy is Tidy!?

Source: http://www.neowing.co.jp/
01 May 2011 01:24 AM
Sunain Administrator
This looks like it will be a great set to get. Unfortunately there are a few dupes from previous sets for the Kanto episodes but there are a few new Kanto episodes making their DVD debut in this set.

http://www.neowing.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-39981

Neowing has the DVD's available for preorder so hopefully CDJapan gets them as well.
01 May 2011 02:41 PM
Frankly, I really don't see the point of this box set, for two reasons mainly:

1) where are BW 1, 5, 6, 10 and 12? Frankly, I find quite humorous they're calling this box set 'A new Journey', yet they don't include the very episode where Satoshi sets off for a new journey...
2) why include episodes from the first series?

Guess there's just way too many episodes for them to release a complete boxset (and that sure would cost way too much).
Last edited 01 May 2011 02:42 PM by Chance
01 May 2011 04:58 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Chance
Frankly, I really don't see the point of this box set, for two reasons mainly:

1) where are BW 1, 5, 6, 10 and 12? Frankly, I find quite humorous they're calling this box set 'A new Journey', yet they don't include the very episode where Satoshi sets off for a new journey...
2) why include episodes from the first series?

Guess there's just way too many episodes for them to release a complete boxset (and that sure would cost way too much).

According to the description for the DVD's, they are hoping that adults get the as well for the nostalgic factor of having the old Kanto episodes and for all viewers to see the new episodes.
02 May 2011 01:29 AM
Isn't it obvious that most kids nowadays have never seen Kanto? Its been 14 years since the series began, unless they watch reruns, the majority of the current audience has likely never seen anything pre-DP.

04 May 2011 05:48 PM
Adamant Administrator
Pokemon Smash airs Kanto episodes all the time.
05 May 2011 03:49 PM
Quote From: Adamant
Pokemon Smash airs Kanto episodes all the time.

And on Boomerang weekdays, the Johto series of Pokemon airs at 6:30pm in America.
Look at my YouTube account!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mariobrosfan4000/