Home / Forums / News/Current Events / MTM with Battle Woman M Members Revealed at 2011 W...
Thread Posts
14 Aug 2011 03:18 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
The 2011 Pokémon World Championships are underway in San Diego, California with many fans competing in the TCG and Video Game world championships. One highlight for many fans was the special song presentation by MTM with Battle Woman M. The members of the band were revealed at the 2011 World Championships as part of the Opening Ceremony to the surprise of many. Battle Woman M is Misaki Momose from Pokémon Smash, GAME FREAK director Junichi Masuda plays the keyboards, Shinji Miyazaki is the bassist and finally Creatures president Hirokazu Tanaka is the drummer.

The song Battle Gene M (バトル遺伝子M) and the group MTM (mystery thunder mask) were first presented on Pokémon Smash 43 but the reveal was clouded in mystery and the band members were all wearing complete face masks so it was hard to identify them. It was revealed a few weeks ago that the songs lyrics are by Akihito Toda, the original Music is by Junichi Masuda and the Arrangement was done by Shinji Miyazaki but the fact that they were also band members was not revealed till the Opening Ceremony performance. Below are some pictures from the Opening Ceremony and more are available on our imageboard thread.

Thumbnail Thumbnail Thumbnail
Click on images for higher resolution

Sources: http://www.pokemonworldchampionships.com/ and http://ptcg.creatures.co.jp/event/7051
14 Aug 2011 03:45 AM
Sunain Administrator
YouTube user RenaeCollects posted a clip of the performance at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnaIGCPtbMM&feature=player_detailpage#t=446s. Misaki Momose is way off in some part of the song which is unfortunate because its a catchy song. The studio recorded version and the Pokemon Smash live version are definitely better performances. A good surprise for the people there but kind of awkward considering 95%+ of the people there probably didn't really fully understand the significances of the performance unless they've been watching Pokemon Smash.
Last edited 14 Aug 2011 03:51 AM by Sunain
14 Aug 2011 03:46 AM
inu-liger Administrator
What doesn't help is that the venue's acoustics are absolute shit. WAY too much reverb, and I have to wonder if they even gave her on-stage sound monitors?
14 Aug 2011 09:08 AM
Adamant Administrator
That announcer guy needs to learn how to pronounce names correctly.
15 Aug 2011 12:26 AM
I didn't realize they were composers! It's like Pokemon created their own version of the Black Mages.
I hope they put out an album.
16 Aug 2011 07:19 PM
Quote From: Sunain
A good surprise for the people there but kind of awkward considering 95%+ of the people there probably didn't really fully understand the significances of the performance unless they've been watching Pokemon Smash.

Yeah, I was very surprised about the performance. Pokemon Smash is relatively unknown in the west so I never even dreamed they'd do such a thing at opening ceremonies.

I had a small heart attack when I heard what sounded like Shirona's theme coming from under the door when they were rehearsing. Twenty minutes later, sure enough, it was MTM!
17 Aug 2011 06:48 AM
Quote From: Sunain
YouTube user RenaeCollects posted a clip of the performance at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnaIGCPtbMM&feature=player_detailpage#t=446s. Misaki Momose is way off in some part of the song which is unfortunate because its a catchy song.

Personally, I stopped watching after only 15s... she's just way too off... and yes, the acoustic of the place is just plain awful.
But it's still nice to have such key figures from the Pokémon scene together in a band... too bad they got such an awful singer.