Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Possible trend or just teasing from OLM?
Thread Posts
29 Dec 2011 10:34 PM
Hiroki Administrator
End of First Generation:
- Loses to Shigeru

End of Second Generation:
- Beats Shigeru
- Loses to Hazuki's Blaziken

End of Third Generation:
- Tied against Haruka's with Blaziken (albeit a Contest battle, Satoshi probably would have won if it was a normal battle)
- Loses to Shigeru's Electivire

End of Fourth Generation:
- Beats Shinji's Electivire
- Loses to Takuto (Beats Darkrai, and ties Latios)

Is this a trend? (First generation COULD be ignored, but I don't think it can be completely dismissed) We never did get a full story on Takuto (that random boy/girl thing from the Pokemon Summer School got more development than Takuto), so I believe he may reappear in BW. I could see him reappearing in the league/later on in BW. Thoughts?

Edit:
You could also include Satoshi losing to Shirona (although it was just him dreaming, it was pretty vivid that he would have lost against Shirona based on DP191).
Last edited 30 Dec 2011 03:41 PM by Hiroki
29 Dec 2011 10:58 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Hiroki
I could see him reappearing in the league/later on in BW. Thoughts?

Best Wishes keeps talking about the Champion League which we first heard about when Shirona was discussing it during the Sinnoh League, so yes its possible we might see Satoshi have a rematch with Takuto in the Champion League. I hope that Satoshi goes to this supposed Champions League after winning the Isshu League as I assume this Champions League is only for the winners of 'a' league. At least that's what seems to have been hinted at.
30 Dec 2011 11:03 AM
Oh, does that mean we could get two leagues in this series? (The Isshu one, and the Champion League). That would be great. Therefore, I hope we'll FINALLY see Satoshi win a league... I was pretty upset at how DP's ended. I know many people loved the battle against the guy with Darkrai, but personally, I was quite upset by what I consider a very cheap and dirty trick from the writers. I mean, Satoshi had collected all badged from 4 regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, + the Orange Isles), and conquered the Battle Frontier. Therefore, you'd naturally expect him to at least reach the final, right? Well, no. Here comes mysterious dudes with Legendaries, yipee.

Quote From: Writers meeting at OLM

A: Ok guys, what do we do with Satoshi? We've made him lose each league, he never reached the final stage of any competition except the filler ones... But he's become so powerful now, I mean, we need some credibility here, we can't make him lose before he reaches Best 4, right?
B: So what do you suggest?
C: I know, we could just come up with some random dude, coming from nowhere, and give him some überpowerful legendaries!
B: Yeah, and we won't have to bother with any backtstory!
A: Perfect! I love you guys. Now we won't have to worry about that until the end of the next series. Meeting adjourned.

Ha ha, seriously, I had to write that.

My problem with that specific battle is how underwhelming it was for me. It's not quite the fact that Satoshi lost (once again) which upset me, it was the fact he had no chance of winning, that it was quite clear right from the start (at least for me) that Satoshi would lose this battle.

So, I don't know if there's any real pattern, or whether OLM is teasing us, but I sincerely hope there won't be a Latias (or any Legendary for that matter) in BW's League, and if there IS one, that it gets KO in one hit due to one überpowerful Splash attack from Satoshi's mysterious Koiking :p

Come to think of it (and forget my DP semi-final rant for a sec :p), I think this may be some sort of reference from OLM, aimed at those like us who are watching all the series.

One thing I've always wondered, is why Satoshi never tackles the Elite 4 in the anime series... we always see some of them during the series, but the writers never make him battle against them... It'd be nice if he did in BW, and that by winning, he'd get to participate in the Champion League. That'd be great. It's quite possible, since there's that major plot twist after the Elite 4 battles in the games. I'm really curious as to what they'll do with that part of the story, and how close to the game scenario they'll stick.
Last edited 30 Dec 2011 11:19 AM by Chance
30 Dec 2011 11:36 AM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Chance
One thing I've always wondered, is why Satoshi never tackles the Elite 4 in the anime series... we always see some of them during the series, but the writers never make him battle against them... It'd be nice if he did in BW, and that by winning, he'd get to participate in the Champion League.

In BW54, he 'technically' wins against the Isshu League champion. In OL19, he battles Elite Four member Kanna and lost. In DP165, he also battled Oba and lost. In DP170, he battled Kikuno and lost. So there have been plenty of instances where Satoshi has battled Elite Four members in the anime but yeah not like in the games how they are back to back and then the Champion. I'm guessing that's something they'd do in the Champions League. We learned a bit about it in BW54 when Shootie said his ultimate goal was to proceed to the Champion League after the Isshu league and then defeat Adeku-san.
Last edited 30 Dec 2011 11:37 AM by Sunain
30 Dec 2011 03:43 PM
Hiroki Administrator
Updated my opening post.

I had no problems with DP189. I just did not like how the previous battle was 3 episodes. I do have a problem with the fact they through in x amount of filler in the second half of DP, and than they rush a league.
31 Dec 2011 07:43 AM
Quote From: Sunain
Quote From: Chance
One thing I've always wondered, is why Satoshi never tackles the Elite 4 in the anime series... we always see some of them during the series, but the writers never make him battle against them... It'd be nice if he did in BW, and that by winning, he'd get to participate in the Champion League.

In BW54, he 'technically' wins against the Isshu League champion. In OL19, he battles Elite Four member Kanna and lost. In DP165, he also battled Oba and lost. In DP170, he battled Kikuno and lost. So there have been plenty of instances where Satoshi has battled Elite Four members in the anime but yeah not like in the games how they are back to back and then the Champion. I'm guessing that's something they'd do in the Champions League. We learned a bit about it in BW54 when Shootie said his ultimate goal was to proceed to the Champion League after the Isshu league and then defeat Adeku-san.

You got it right. I know he's fought some Elite 4 members in the past, but never like in the games. I apologize, just realised I didn't write what I actually wanted to write in the first place in my previous post...

I know they'll never make him win against a champion (unless it's the final series, though that's probably not going to happen for a long while.... hopefully ;)). But at least, have a formal series of battle, not just a competition like previous series.

But as I said in my previous post, I think they'll have to have a proper Elite 4 in this series, and I hope I'm not wrong here.
Last edited 31 Dec 2011 07:45 AM by Chance
08 Apr 2012 10:41 PM
Well, I have a theory that Satoshi may win the league. However, the league runs very differently in the anime. So I do hope he wins so we can maybe see how the league in the anime actually works. Also, Black and White 2 are coming out soon and Satoshi already has 6 badges and an episode was just revealed where he will get a seventh. So the league may come quickly (this my also be saying Black and White 2 will be a Gen VI). So maybe the league is just around the corner!
Last edited 08 Apr 2012 10:43 PM by PocketMonstersRedGreen
THIS MESSAGE IS FROM MEEEEEEEEEEE!