Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Nintendo Zone Adds Pokémon Episodes and Game Demos...
Thread Posts
02 Feb 2012 02:23 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
Nintendo has put out a press release stating that a dedicated Pokémon section will be added to the new Nintendo Zone. The Pokémon section will include full episodes of the Pokémon TV series as well as information and videos about the newest Pokémon video games, Pokémon Trading Card Game and Pokémon news. Below is the full press release.

logo

Press Release

REDMOND, Wash., Feb. 2, 2012 - Nintendo 3DS™ owners are getting access to a wealth of fun entertainment and information that they can access on the go. Starting Feb. 6, Nintendo Zone™ will offer a variety of new content, including playable demos of select Nintendo 3DS video games and a dedicated Pokémon™ section that will feature full-length episodes of the Pokémon TV series. All of this exciting new content is only available when owners are wirelessly connected to a Nintendo Zone location.

"Nintendo 3DS continues to deliver fun and engaging new experiences, especially for users who connect their systems to the Internet," said Zach Fountain, Nintendo of America's director of Strategic Partnerships. "Nintendo 3DS is our most connected system ever, and Nintendo Zone offers a wealth of exclusive content to users who take their systems with them when they are away from home."

Nintendo Zone also includes trivia games featuring the latest Nintendo 3DS software, exclusive coupons available only at Best Buy for discounts on Nintendo 3DS games and a showcase of Nintendo 3DS games that includes videos, screen shots and one-click links to game websites. The Pokémon section will also include information and videos about the newest Pokémon video games, Pokémon Trading Card Game and Pokémon news.

Nintendo Zone content can be accessed at more than 29,000 locations at restaurants, coffee shops, hotels, airports and malls in the United States and Canada. Nintendo 3DS owners can find a Nintendo Zone location by visiting http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendozone.

Remember that Nintendo 3DS features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/
02 Feb 2012 02:30 PM
Sunain Administrator
Considering Nintendo Zone is free stuff I find it really interesting that they are giving out full episodes of Pokemon on it. I wonder which series they will be posting since the 3DS's screen is widescreen, I'd expect it to be the latest Black and White series. Will be interesting to see what they post on the dedicated Pokemon section. Comes out next week and there seems to be tons of locations.

I wonder if they plan to expand it to allow event Pokemon to be distributed through it because there is about 40 Nintendo Zone locations within a 10 minute drive of my house and then a ton more on my route to work each day. This would make Pokemon event SO much better to get the Pokemon especially here in Canada.

Last edited 02 Feb 2012 02:34 PM by Sunain
02 Feb 2012 02:36 PM
I want 3d PORYGON SEIZURES!!!!!
02 Feb 2012 04:24 PM
Quote From: captfalcon
I want 3d PORYGON SEIZURES!!!!!

Isn't that certain episode banned?

To Sunain: Maybe they will put the new episodes on there. But what about older Kanto and Johto episodes? Will they be included?
02 Feb 2012 04:44 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Rumpelstiltskin
To Sunain: Maybe they will put the new episodes on there. But what about older Kanto and Johto episodes? Will they be included?

We don't know yet what episodes will be distributed. They didn't announce them. I was merely speculating what I think would be appropriate. Makes sense for them to use the widescreen episodes since the 3DS's main screen is also widescreen. We'll find out in a few days what episodes they are.
03 Feb 2012 12:27 PM
I don't believe there's any Nintendo Zone location near where I live... hum.
Personally, I'd rather have the episodes available through an app similar to Nintendo Video and Eurosports.
Then again, there's 0 chance at all that the episode would be the Japanese one with subtitles, and since I just can't stand any dub anymore, I think I'll just have to pass : /

But it's still a very nice initiative from Nintendo. I hope this won't end after a few weeks, and get regular updates.
03 Feb 2012 03:15 PM
A half hour is a long time to be in a McDonalds streaming an episode of Pokemon!
I think they'll have to create shorts.
06 Feb 2012 11:45 AM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Deon
A half hour is a long time to be in a McDonalds streaming an episode of Pokemon!
I think they'll have to create shorts.

They have information about the newest Pokemon games, information on the latest TCG sets, a bit of news and the first 4 episodes of the English dub of Black and White.

Screencaps: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/imageboard/thread/2790

Sorry for the poor clips, had to use my camera phone instead of dslr but still good enough to see what it looks like. Quite good quality. I was expecting poorer but there is some macroblocking visible but doesn't deter from watching.