Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pokémon the Series: XY Trailer / Mewtwo — Prologue...
Thread Posts
19 Dec 2013 02:35 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
Cartoon Network and the Pokémon Company have revealed that the next season of the English dub will begin on Saturday, January 18th, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. A trailer for the Pokémon the Series: XY was posted on YouTube and it features a new rendition of the original dub opening theme.

It was also revealed that Mewtwo — Prologue to Awakening will air on Cartoon Network on January 11th, 2014, almost three months after the 16th movie premiered on the station. Both the Region 1 DVD and the Australian/New Zealand DVD do not include this vital prologue OVA. It originally aired a few days before the Japanese theatrical premiere in July of 2013. The Japanese Mewtwo pack DVD release does include this prologue OVA though.odes/viewep/1643/">prologue OVA.

Teaser Trailer

Press Release - The latest season of Pokémon animation begins January 18th, 2014, on Cartoon Network!

Tune in to Cartoon Network on Saturday, January 18th, to watch the debut episode of Pokémon the Series: XY and see Ash and Pikachu set off on their adventures in the Kalos region! Along the way, they’re joined by some new friends—a genius inventor named Clemont, his little sister Bonnie, and Serena, a Trainer on her first journey.

The action begins when Ash immediately tries to challenge the Gym in Lumiose City, but doesn’t get very far before he is thrown out! In between Gym battles, Ash and friends will be exploring this unique region, meeting all kinds of new Pokémon, and looking into a fascinating new Pokémon mystery!

Pokémon the Series: XY begins January 18th at 8:30 a.m. on Cartoon Network. Be sure to tune in every Saturday at the same time throughout the year to watch all the Pokémon fun in the Kalos region!

Sources: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/anim_season17_announce-2013-12-19/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIXdyRpuSLc
19 Dec 2013 02:39 PM
Sunain Administrator
This is really pathetic. It's supposed to be releases as a prologue not an epilogue. To make matters worse they didn't include the OVA prologue on the English dub DVD's adding further insult to dub viewers. To say that this is half-assed is an understatement.

I can just see the remastered version on CN now, logos everywhere, cut scenes, low bitrate, wrong aspect ratio, I'm sure it will be great!
Last edited 19 Dec 2013 03:06 PM by Sunain
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net
19 Dec 2013 03:26 PM
BigCN401 Administrator
Quote From: Sunain
I can just see the remastered version on CN now, logos everywhere, cut scenes, low bitrate, wrong aspect ratio, I'm sure it will be great!
QFT!*

*I think I'm using it right. :p