Nintendo has released the press information from E3 announcing two new Pokémon games, PokéPark Wii Pikachu's Adventure
and the third Ranger game, Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs
for the Nintendo DS. Below are the press releases for the games.
The Electronic Entertainment Expo, better known among gamers as E3, has just begun, and already there's exciting news for Pokémon fans! Two new games have been announced, one each for the Nintendo DS and Wii systems. Both Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs and PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure will be in stores later this year.
PokéPark Wii Pikachu's Adventure
Only Pikachu Can Save the PokéPark!
The first Pokémon adventure game on the Wii console puts Pikachu™ at the center of a fun, expansive playground filled with adventure, Attractions and Pokémon. The Rare Pokémon Mew™ summons Pikachu to the PokéPark to find the missing Sky Prism Pieces, leaving it up to Pikachu to save the day!
PokéPark Wii Pikachu's Adventure Press kit pictures are available on the Imageboard thread.
- Playing as Pikachu, players start their adventure at the PokéPark and play a variety of Attractions that are in each Zone with the help of many different Pokémon. As Pikachu, players compete in Skill Games and Attractions in this action-packed adventure.
- Players interact with and befriend some Pokémon by defeating them in Skill Games. Once players befriend a Pokémon, they can play as them to compete in certain Attractions. Players can compete in the challenges multiple times to try and beat their high score.
- Players use the Wii Remote™ controller turned sideways to navigate through the PokéPark, while different motion controls are used in the various Attractions and Skill Games.
- Players can take photos of their favorite Pokémon in the game and save them to an SD Card (sold separately).
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Helping Pokémon Get Out of a Pinch
- The third installment in the action-packed Pokémon Ranger™ series lets players take on the role of a Pokémon Ranger tasked with protecting Pokémon, people and nature in the Oblivia region. As a Pokémon Ranger, players investigate the nefarious actions of the Pokémon Pinchers, who have been disrupting the peace by chasing and catching Pokémon.
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs Press kit pictures are available on the Imageboard thread.
- As a Pokémon Ranger, players set out to stop the Pokémon Pinchers with the help of their partner, Ukulele Pichu™ (an energetic Pichu that always carries a ukulele).
- Players use the Capture Styler to circle Pokémon on the touch screen. The further in the story players progress, the more powers and abilities their Capture Styler gains.
- By drawing special Ranger Signs on the touch screen, players can summon powerful Pokémon that they have befriended to help them progress in the game. Legendary Pokémon like Raikou™, Entei™ and Suicune™ can be summoned by drawing their
- Up to four players can play together on certain missions using the Nintendo DS Local Wireless Connection, and discover more about the history of the Oblivia region.