Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Kanto Episodes / SL 29: The Punchy Pokemon/かくとうポケモン!だいバトル!/Kakutō P...
Thread Posts
14 Oct 1997 03:00 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: The Punchy Pokemon/かくとうポケモン!だいバトル!/Kakutō Pokémon! Dai battle!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
27 Aug 2011 12:55 AM
Sunain Administrator
Primeape didn't really get much time in the series and it doesn't help that the English dub adjusted a line to make it seem like Ash is implying he'll return for it after its done some training instead of being entrusted.

Link to Edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/29#Edits

Link to Music: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/29#Music

27 Aug 2011 04:15 PM
Adamant Administrator
The English dub of this episode is really screwed up, with tons of mistranslations people chalk up to "bad writing"; No, the tournament wasn't just for Fighting types, so Takeshi entering Ishitsubute is not a problem. No, Anoki never said anything about only keeping Okorizaru temporarily, so Satoshi never coming back for it is no issue. No, Okorizaru wasn't left in Anoki's care to be able to "become a P-1 Champ", so the fact that it already was one is not a plot hole. Gah.

Anoki also joins Matis and Nanako as a character whose entire charm is gone in the dub (though like the other two, what originally made him a fun character IS something that doesn't translate well).
29 Aug 2011 12:06 PM
A pretty mediocre episode in my opinion. The plot doesn't make any sense (I want you to beat my father's Pokémon, but I don't want it to be hit too much, so I'll interrupt an official match just for fun!!', and is quite predictable.
But what I really disliked in this episode is how it's nothing more than a lame way the writers found to get rid of a Pokémon they probably never quite know what do to with in the first place.

Now I understand why I didn't even remember Satoshi getting an Okorizaru (well, its pre-evolution form).
10 May 2014 12:12 PM
Adamant Administrator
Summary:
At the outskirts of Sekichiku City, Satoshi and friends come across the Fighting type Pokémon Ebiwalar. Satoshi instinctively attempts to get it, but it turns out the Ebiwalar isn't wild.

Satoshi and Pikachu get a real beating, as its owner Anoki has been constantly training it day and night so they can win the P-1 Grand Prix (Pokémon Number One Grand Prix). This has made him neglect his family, and his daughter Manami, who wants her father to come to his senses and return home, confides her sorrows to Satoshi and the others.

Thus, Satoshi's party enter the P-1 Grand Prix. The Rocket Gang join in as well, turning the tournament into a massive free-for-all.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mayumi Iizuka: Kasumi
Yuji Ueda: Takeshi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Hiroshi Ohtake: Okorizaru
Fumihiko Tachiki: Anoki
Junko Asami: Manami
Katsuyuki Konishi: Announcer