Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Kanto Episodes / SL 33: Honō Pokémon Dai Race!/The Flame Pokemon-at...
Thread Posts
11 Nov 1997 03:00 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: Honō Pokémon Dai Race!/The Flame Pokemon-athon/ほのおのポケモンだいレース!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
05 Feb 2012 09:46 PM
Sunain Administrator
This has always been one of my most favorite episodes of the entire series and I'm glad to see that for the most part the English dub was fairly accurate with their dialog and didn't stray too far from what the Japanese original had.

Rapidash is just so slow compared to Gallop though and Takeshi can't wait for Fuko to get to a legal age!

Link to edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/33#Edits
06 Feb 2012 03:43 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
Quote From: Sunain
This has always been one of my most favorite episodes of the entire series and I'm glad to see that for the most part the English dub was fairly accurate with their dialog and didn't stray too far from what the Japanese original had.

It's also worth pointing out that this episode holds the highest TV rating ever for a Pokémon episode, aka the most watched episode live in Japan. Interesting, isn't it :)

Takeshi can't wait for Fuko to get to a legal age!

Like how this series, in exchange for an awful plot, pacing and battles, offered great character interactions and quite funny dialogue! At the end of the 2nd Johto episode Takeshi also says a line with similar effect about a girl that they met in the episode, though he stated it only to Satoshi and Kasumi.
06 Feb 2012 04:30 PM

Rapidash is just so slow compared to Gallop though and Takeshi can't wait for Fuko to get to a legal age!

Link to edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/33#Edits

I like this episode too. But don't you think tha there would be some amumblance people around to help the trainers who got hurt? There wasn't anyone helping most of them (the boy with the Voltorb, the guy with the rock Pokemon who jumped on a rock and sunk). I still wonder why they didn't help them out and take them to the hospital.
Look at my YouTube account!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mariobrosfan4000/
23 Feb 2012 06:11 AM
I can't say that I was surprised to see Ponyta evolve, or Satoshi winning the race. However, I wasn't expecting Takeshi, Kasumi and Pikachu to take part in the race... It was quite funny to see poor Zenigame struggling with Pikachu on its back.

Predictable episode, but a nice one nonetheless.
23 Feb 2012 09:54 AM
Adamant Administrator
Note the reference to the "Surfing Pikachu" here. This episode aired not all that long after the first two Surfing Pikachu events had been held, and it's always been recognized as way more "special" than all the other "some Pokemon that knows a move it can't learn otherwise" events.
07 Jun 2014 01:05 PM
Adamant Administrator
Summary:
Satoshi's group are passing through a huge grassland where the Laramie clan, a clan of Pokémon ranchers, live. A girl from the Laramie clan, Fuko, tells them that once a year, a Pokémon race is being held there to show of the fruits of the Pokémon's growth. Fuko is the favorite to win the race, but the evil hand of the Rocket Gang grasp around her, and...

Having been injured, Fuko is about to give up on the race, but in the end decides to let the enthusiastic Satoshi compete in her stead.

And with both Satoshi, Takeshi, Kasumi and the Rocket Gang participating in the race, just how will it end...?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mayumi Iizuka: Kasumi
Yuji Ueda: Takeshi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Hiro Yuki: Drio
Yuri Shiratori: Fuko
Rikako Aikawa: Zenigame
Koichi Sakaguchi: Arbok