Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Kanto Episodes / SL 35: Miniryū no Densetsu/ミニリュウのでんせつ
Thread Posts
25 Nov 1997 03:00 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: Miniryū no Densetsu/ミニリュウのでんせつ. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
02 Sep 2012 11:20 PM
Adamant Administrator
Following a run of very good episodes, this one comes across as somewhat disappointing. Yes, the Rocket interrogation scene is absolutely hilarious, but the rest of it is all over the place. The fishing scene serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever, and the entire "subplot" about the Rockets challenging Satoshi to a fair competition is both meaningless and nonsensical - the Rockets gained nothing from making this challenge, and Satoshi more or less said he as going to use all the balls before he got challenged anyway, so why did this fake competition got included in the plot at all? It added nothing.
I don't know... it's an ok episode, but certainly not a great one.

Note that Okido yells at Satoshi for not sending him any Pokemon recently even though he was sent one only 5 episodes ago, though. And once again, Satoshi sends his newest Pokemon straight to the professor even though he has an empty spot on his team... this time with absolutely no in-story explanation. Why?
05 Sep 2012 06:01 PM
Sunain Administrator
Since this episode did not air in English, there is no comparison for this episode. We have however added a few notes about the episode.

Episode Notes: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/35#Edits
18 Sep 2012 05:36 AM
Ah, one of the infamous banned episodes (thanks 4Kids for being a bunch of little wuss :p). I really enjoyed it, for some reason. The Rocket Gang was great, but I liked the most is that I was finally able to learn when and how Satoshi got so many Kentauros! It'd been bugging me ever since I first watch the series, which made sense since the episode explaining it got banned... Damn you, 4Kids :p
28 Jun 2014 12:22 PM
Adamant Administrator
Summary:
Satoshi and friends have finally made it to the Safari Zone, where they meet the Safari Zone's warden, an old man named Kaiser. As the old man explains the rules of the Safari Zone to the group in his office, they spot a picture that he's given special treatment: A photo of Kaiser as a young man together with the legendary Pokémon Miniryu.

Satoshi desperately tries to get Kaiser to confirm that Miniryu live in the Safari Zone, but he keeps denying it...... and then the Rocket Gang shows up as well, having heard that the Safari Zone is a veritable smorgasbord of Pokémon. Chaos ensues.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Unsho Ishizuka: Professor Okido
Mayumi Iizuka: Kasumi
Yuji Ueda: Takeshi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Taimei Suzuki: Kaiser
Yumi Toma: Miniryu
Koichi Sakaguchi: Arbok