Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Character Discussion / Iris
Thread Posts
19 Aug 2010 01:20 PM
What do you think this character will do? I don't think she's a coordinator.

Hopefully she is an active female battler. Its a nice change of pace from Dawn, and since Misty hardly ever battled and wasn't very active as a female protagonist, we would be seeing a female battler for the first time.

19 Aug 2010 01:49 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: precita
What do you think this character will do? I don't think she's a coordinator.

Hopefully she is an active female battler. Its a nice change of pace from Dawn, and since Misty hardly ever battled and wasn't very active as a female protagonist, we would be seeing a female battler for the first time.

Other than store Pokemon in her hair and swing around like a monkey, we really don't know what she'll do. Black and White is introducing the Pokemon Musical, so I assume will see that sometime during the series. Maybe it will replace contests during this series and Iris will do a Pokemon Musical circuit or something. It would actually be kind of interesting if two people actually did the gym battles at the same time as they traveled though.
19 Aug 2010 06:24 PM
More or less I think she will be a key plot character in the anime. I can't see her doing musicals, with Dento I can, and I am sure she was created for a reason.
19 Aug 2010 11:35 PM
I can't see her having a smaller role than Dawn. It seems like each female character gets a bigger role than the previous.

Otherwise it would seem like a downgrade if she were treated like Misty.
20 Aug 2010 05:46 AM
I'd love to see her involved in more battles. I think having Dento doing contests or doing the music would be good to see but as he's a gym leader it's more likely he'll just be a new Brock style character.

I like the look of Iris so far. She seems feisty and a bit wild. I hope she is.
21 Aug 2010 06:18 PM
she seems to have a bit of a . . . unique attitude at the beginninig of the anime. with ash involved, what will happen to poor dento? he doesn't seem to be the leaderistic type, like brock was.
23 Sep 2010 01:48 PM
After the first two episodes, I don't think Iris will be a major character. She seems more like sidekick material.

She didn't get to do much at all, and her debut episode was so minor compared to May and Dawn's first episodes.

I'm guessing her role will be similar to Misty's.