Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 9: ペンドラー暴走!キバゴを救え!!/Pendra's Rampage! Rescue Ki...
Thread Posts
07 Oct 2010 03:07 PM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: アデク登場!VSシューティー!/Adeku tōjō! VS Shootie!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
09 Nov 2010 04:06 PM
Now this is a pokemon that can be envied. I'm wondering who will catch it, ash or iris? It doesn't look like dent will try to.
09 Nov 2010 07:01 PM
Dooooooryyyyyyuzu!
He's AWESOME!
11 Nov 2010 08:15 AM
at last, i can see iris calling another pokemon!
11 Nov 2010 10:27 AM
Sunain Administrator
Characters in Episode: Iris, Iris' Kibago, Dent, Dent's Yanappu, Satoshi, Pikachu, Kojiro, Nyarth, Musashi, Sakaki, Obaba-sama, Satoshi's Tsutarja, Satoshi's Pokabu, Iris's Doryuzu

Written Biographies for Characters in Episode:
Obaba (オババサマ) - Obaba gave Iris her Kibago in a small basket

Pokemon in Episode: Ononokus, Mamepato, Kibago, Onondo, Pendra (Debut),

Characters Pokemon Attacks used in Episode:
- Iris's Kibago - Scratch (ひっかく), Dragon Rage (Iris specifically states these are the only two moves it knows at this time)
- Dent's Yanappu - Bullet Seed (タネマシンガン), SolarBeam
- Satoshi's Pikachu - Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle
- Satoshi's Tsutarja - Vine Whip
- Satoshi's Pokabu - Ember
- Wild Pendra - Toxic

Episode Location: Forest Near Shippo City

Episode Highlights:
- Dent and Iris start their first Pokemon Battle against each other.
- Sakaki reveals that the Pokemon World was hit by a massive meteorite which separated the once large continent into at least 4 distinct continents.
- Rocket Gang are sent to investigate the Meteor but must meet an agent at the Desert Resort
- Kibago is rescued after it got stuck between Pendra's horns.
- Iris's Doryuzu is revealed and deals with Pendra by sending it flying.

Number of Times Team Rocket Blasted off in the episode: 0

Did Team Rocket use a Mecha in the episode?: No

Episode Extras:
- Okido Live Caster - Gym Battle and Gym Leader (ジム戦とジムリーダー)
- Okido Senryu - さあジムせん かちとれバッジを ポケモンと
Last edited 12 Nov 2010 10:27 PM by Sunain
11 Nov 2010 10:13 PM
Aw, it seems Iris is pretty bad at battling. That's a bit of a shame, so it looks like we have yet another incompetent trainer at the start, even with a disobeying Pokemon.

12 Nov 2010 01:08 AM
I thought this episode was pretty interesting in that it revealed the dynamics of Iris' and Kibago's relationship. Prior to this episode I didn't think that Iris was trying to train Kibago to battle. It was nice that this episode revealed how Iris came to be traveling with Kibago.
The Pendora was larger than I thought. I think that the Pokémon in Isshu are just larger in general. Munna and Musharna were pretty big, and Hihidaruma was as well.
I think Doryuzu will definitely play a large role to come. It was pretty cool since it refused to listen. It is mysterious how Iris has such a strong Pokémon. It really contrasts with her Kibago.
The episode really ended on a funny note.
18 Apr 2011 07:39 PM
Sunain Administrator
Overall the translation was pretty spot on except for the dex entry translation which ends up being quite a weird edit. They should have referred to the game translation though they might not have had access to it or had been completed when they were dubbing this episode.

Link to edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1192#Edits