Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / OVA / 0: クリスマスであそぼ!/Christmas de asobo!
Thread Posts
22 Dec 1998 03:00 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: クリスマスであそぼ!/Christmas de asobo!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
29 Dec 2011 05:59 AM
For some reason, I really enjoyed this Christmas OVA.
There's nothing too fancy about it, as it's just your run-of-the-mill christmas special episode. It was really cute though, and some parts were pretty funny... like Koduck trying to open a bottle of cidre (alcohol, in Pokémon?! :p), and hitting Pikachu in the process.

This episode is a nice way to relax, and remember how Christmas wasn't this overly advertised commercial thing before, when we were kids :p

It's funny, because I don't think this episode was ever broadcast or even released in any form where I live... strange, because we did have some Christmas specials, just not this one (or I completely missed it, which is quite likely, though).

Oh, and Merry 4-day-late (or 361-day-early) Christmas, PM Staff! ;)
Last edited 29 Dec 2011 06:08 AM by Chance
29 Dec 2011 03:32 PM
Adamant Administrator
Quote From: Chance

It's funny, because I don't think this episode was ever broadcast or even released in any form where I live... strange, because we did have some Christmas specials, just not this one (or I completely missed it, which is quite likely, though).

These OVAs are rarely broadcast anywhere, since they were largely intended as Christmas gift video releases. They weren't released in a lot of countries either (I know Sweden got at least one of them), and their releases outside Japan were very limited and barely advertised, making these shorts rather obscure.
30 Dec 2011 11:15 AM
I do remember a couple of them being broadcast though (the one with Santa Claus and the Rocket Gang for example), just not this particular one.
I was quite puzzled back then, because I simply didn't understand where those episodes were supposed to take place in the series timeline, as I didn't know they were OVAs at the time.
Last edited 30 Dec 2011 11:17 AM by Chance