Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 21: スカイアローブリッジとゴチルゼル!/Sky Arrow Bridge to Gothi...
Thread Posts
08 Feb 2011 11:38 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: スカイアローブリッジとゴチルゼル!/Sky Arrow Bridge to Gothiruselle!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
10 Mar 2011 11:24 AM
A pretty decent episode, but there was nothing special about it in my opinion. The plot itself wasn't that original, either. Just your run-of-the-mill Pokémon episode.

But what really piqued my interest was the preview for the upcoming movies, at the end. The footage shown seems to suggest it's going to be one... two truly epic movies; in the vein of the DP trilogy. And indeed, they do say those movies are just the first part of a trilogy (maybe?). Now that really got me excited about those movies, as I really loved the trilogy format of the DP movies.

There were some gorgeous sceneries in the trailer (the part where the name of the director is displayed, for example), and overall, it looks like the art is going to be even more gorgeous than the DP movies, which were the best-looking movies so far. When I think about how nice the anime series looks, I just can't wait to see just how much more nicer the movies will look like. What's more, there's definitely much to be expected story-wise too. Personally, I'm pretty intrigued by that 'People of the Earth' legend, and the two 'heroes'. Quite curious how the overall 'trilogy' will unfold, and how each movie will 'connect' with each other. Quite curious about the 'two-movies' format too, though I can't hide the fact I'm still not sure whether this was a good idea or not.

Anyway, I am so looking forward to those movies. They might even surpass the DP trilogy movies, which are by far my favorite Pokémon movies.
However, I'm not really excited about the next episode, maybe because there'll be Shootie in it, and I really don't like that character. Maybe it'll get better later in the series. I hope so.

Oh, and I just love the instrumental version of 'Best Wishes'. Can't wait for it to be released on CD;
Last edited 10 Mar 2011 11:35 AM by Chance
10 Mar 2011 01:38 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Chance
Oh, and I just love the instrumental version of 'Best Wishes'. Can't wait for it to be released on CD;

I really like the new guitar version of Best Wishes that 'teases' the viewers in the last few episodes. I don't think we'll be seeing any more BGM music for awhile though. But you never know, they may surprise us by releasing a few more tracks on an upcoming CD.
11 Mar 2011 05:33 AM
That's what I was thinking about: some new BGM tracks for the CD release of the next Opening/Ending theme (whenever that will be... it's pretty likely they'll just have some variation of 'Best Wishes' next April anyway).
19 Oct 2011 08:49 PM
Sunain Administrator
This episode basically had a bunch of needless changes that the dub for some reason insisted on changing. Time Slip was already in English and there was no real need to change that.

Obviously the English dub writers had never seen the very famous Star Trek: The Next Generation episode Cause and Effect when they improperly called the memory world a 'loop'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_loop

A time loop is the constant repeating of an event. Ash and his friends only experienced it once and didn't really have anything as reference to know that it was a loop.

Links to edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1240#Edits

Last edited 19 Oct 2011 08:52 PM by Sunain
21 Oct 2011 12:31 AM
This episode really touched me because it showed how time passed but friendships can still stay strong. And I can kind of relate to the protagonist because I'm in university right now. It was great that Gothitelle could be reunited with its friend after such along time. But I agree that this episode didn't really contribute anything overall to the plot. There wasn't even really a battle, which I thought would occur after watching the preview from the previous episode.