Home / Forums / Site Discussion / #Pocketmonsters on Mirc
Thread Posts
13 Jul 2011 03:02 AM
I'm looking to join this channel. Is it really closed to new registrations...forever?
13 Jul 2011 09:31 AM
Adamant Administrator
No, but they are done manually rather than automatically. You don't need to register in order to join the channel, though.
13 Jul 2011 08:30 PM
Quote From: Adamant
No, but they are done manually rather than automatically. You don't need to register in order to join the channel, though.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to join the channel yesterday, but got a message that it was closed to new registration...
14 Jul 2011 01:07 PM
michan Administrator
Quote From: frugrow

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to join the channel yesterday, but got a message that it was closed to new registration...
It means that you cannot register your nick at our IRC network. To join the channel, however, you don't need to register your nick.
Home cooking is killing restaurant industry (and it's tasty)!
01 Oct 2012 10:56 AM
I tried to join the irc thing today and I kept getting kicked and was called a spammer. Kinda hard to prove i'm not a spam bot when i get kicked just as soon as i joined. I use Mirc and I am very new to it. Only used it once before.

Quote From: Mirc
* You were kicked from #pocketmonsters by Horst (Banned: 4(15Global Ban4) 15Reason:4(15Abuse/Spam4) - Dan)

Its just wrong to ban someone just because they joined. I haven't even had the chance to say "Hi I'm new" =/

and because of it I'm even banned from the server.. i can't even go in to the #help and ask for help
Last edited 01 Oct 2012 10:59 AM by Demonskid
01 Oct 2012 11:13 AM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Demonskid
Its just wrong to ban someone just because they joined. I haven't even had the chance to say "Hi I'm new" =/

Sounds like you joined the wrong network. There is no one by 'horst' on the network. #[email protected] is the correct address. No one has been kicked/banned from the network for days though and logs show you didn't join the irc network at anytime. Mind you though there is a very strict rule set for the channel. http://www.pocketmonsters.net/rules
01 Oct 2012 11:14 AM
Adamant Administrator
Quote From: Demonskid
I tried to join the irc thing today and I kept getting kicked and was called a spammer. Kinda hard to prove i'm not a spam bot when i get kicked just as soon as i joined. I use Mirc and I am very new to it. Only used it once before.

Quote From: Mirc
* You were kicked from #pocketmonsters by Horst (Banned: 4(15Global Ban4) 15Reason:4(15Abuse/Spam4) - Dan)

and because of it I'm even banned from the server.. i can't even go in to the #help and ask for help

It appears you joined an alternate #pocketmonsters channel on a completely different network. Your nick isn't familiar to me, no one has been kicked for any such reasons you cite recently, and there's no one named "Horst" here. Make sure you connect to irc.pocketmonsters.net before joining the #pocketmonsters channel.
01 Oct 2012 11:27 AM
Sunain Administrator
It appears you joined an alternate #pocketmonsters channel on a completely different network. Your nick isn't familiar to me, no one has been kicked for any such reasons you cite recently, and there's no one named "Horst" here. Make sure you connect to irc.pocketmonsters.net before joining the #pocketmonsters channel.

Apparently you joined euIRCnet which is not the official channel for #pocketmonsters though many German members do go to that particular channel. Be sure you go to irc.pocketmonsters.net which is our network.
01 Oct 2012 01:56 PM
I see. that makes sense. I'm pretty new to RIC stuff and i found your channel through a torrent i was downloading and just googled on how to get into the channel. the only thing that popped up was what i entered.

thank you so much for the help. ^_^