Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 46: チョロネコに御用心!ニャースとミジュマル!!/Choroneko ni goyōjin...
Thread Posts
27 Jul 2011 08:33 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: チョロネコに御用心!ニャースとミジュマル!!/Choroneko ni goyōjin! Nyarth to Mijumaru!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
04 Sep 2011 01:12 PM
I really liked this episode, as it wasn't as predictable as I expected it to be (like when it is revealed Chokoneko is actually a male Pokémon). I really liked Nyarth in this episode. When Iris tried to catch him a second time (by mistake), I thought that's how he's going to betray himself : by letting slip that his plan would fail if Iris caught him. I don't think it's a coincidence he got in a Pokéball twice in a row... would be quite interesting if he actually ends up caught!

What's more, they've really got excited about the Rocket Gang's plan. Looks like the next episodes are going to be rather nice. And we haven't seen much of the Plasma Gang either...
I do wonder if they'll try to fit the Rocket Gang vs Team Plasma in the following episodes?
Last edited 04 Sep 2011 01:13 PM by Chance
05 Dec 2011 05:48 PM
Quote From: Chance
I really liked this episode, as it wasn't as predictable as I expected it to be (like when it is revealed Chokoneko is actually a male Pokémon).

I was really surprised at that, too. I think it was more effective since they put it at the end when we weren't expecting any more surprises. It was also pretty funny that Nyasu and Mijumaru were able to keep getting bouquets from nowhere.
This episode was much more serious than I thought at first. I didn't expect Choroneko to leave the group to drown in the quicksand or even to lead them to it. I thought this would be more like the episode where Iris caught Emonga, with one of the characters eventually catching Choroneko. The story of the Choroneko being (seemingly) abandoned by his owner was pretty sad, although at least it wasn't in the wild and he still had shelter. It made it seem really similar to Meowth and Persian from Generation 1.
The latter half of the episode had me pretty nervous, and I still find it hard to believe that the Hatobo would listen to what the Choroneko had to say even though he let them have their revenge on him. Seeing as how it was a cave, how could they have been sure it wasn't a trap? I'm glad they made it out alive, but I don't think I'll ever look at Choroneko the same again, especially seeing as how it is a Dark type. I really wanted to hear what Dent had to say about his bad experience with Choroneko but if it was like what happened in this episode or even worse, I guess it's better left unsaid.
06 Dec 2011 10:17 AM
Yeah, I too was surprised at how serious certain parts of the episode were. I was expecting yet another light-hearted 'Pokémon love' episode. Guess they really did their best to give each Pokémon (especially wild ones) their own personality... especially that Cheroneko (and that fish Pokémon you mentioned in your EP26 comment).

And yeah, I too won't look at a Choroneko the same way again ;)
Last edited 06 Dec 2011 10:18 AM by Chance