Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 60: デントとポッド兄弟バトル!バオップVSヤナップ!!/Dent to Pod kyōda...
Thread Posts
08 Nov 2011 02:59 PM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: デントとポッド兄弟バトル!バオップVSヤナップ!!/Dent to Pod kyōdai battle! Baoppu VS Yanappu!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
09 Dec 2011 08:27 PM
This episode wsa pretty cool, although I can't help but think that it was a filler seeing as how Pod would have had to travel pretty far to catch up to Dent.
I really enjoyed Dent's talk on how it is important to not just have 4 moves of the same type on a Pokémon. It was pretty nice of the anime to mention strategy and also it really makes sense for Baoppu to learn Solarbeam because it hits all types that Baoppu is weak to for super-effective damage. It was also just cool to see a Gym leader appear again. I didn't really notice the difference between the eyes of Baoppu and Yanappu until this episode.
I was surprised to hear Nurse Joy call Satoshi by name to tell him that Yakon was back. I guess I'd never heard Nurse Joy say a character's name before. It was also funny when Satoshi strayed away from officiating the match and had to be reminded to do so by Iris.
As a side note, I wish Team Rocket had kept their outfits from the earlier episodes. I think it makes them look more capable and serious.
11 Jan 2012 03:53 AM
Quote From: Takeshi
As a side note, I wish Team Rocket had kept their outfits from the earlier episodes. I think it makes them look more capable and serious.

Yup, I wonder why they changed them in the first place. Then again, maybe the 'black' outfit is for special ops only?

Quote From: Takeshi
This episode wsa pretty cool, although I can't help but think that it was a filler seeing as how Pod would have had to travel pretty far to catch up to Dent.

Yeah, I had the same thought when he talked about his travel to find Dent. Then again, they don't really explain when exactly he left, he could have done so a mere few days after Dent, and personally, I don't think it was very recent. But anyway, I agree with you, it felt like a (great) filler nonetheless, as they ould've easily aired this one 20 episodes from now without much problem (of course, with an evolved Mijumaru if need be).

Personally, I enjoyed this episode a great deal. We finally learned more about Dent's background, and his relationship with his brothers. We also see that he's already changed and pogressed, which is a good thing (I wish Takeshi had had the same treatment, back during the days of the first series). It's nothing much, and it's quite subtle, but it was well done in my opinion.

One thing that bothered me was, once again, Mijumaru. I really wish Satoshi would eventually tell him to just go back in his Pokéball instead of just letting him battle as if it the trainer itself... especially since he ends up losing most of the time when he does that. I find that a tad annoying, and I hope it'll eventually change in future episodes.

That being said, it made sense that Mijumaru battled Baoppu (even though he could have used his Toad Pokémon -don't remember its name- that he caugt a few episodes back. Or at least, he could've CHOSEN to battle with Mijumaru, instead of letting it decide for himself. Anyway, I'm just nipticking, I guess :p

As for the next episode(s), they look really great. And not just because we'll probably see the Rocket Gang in it. I believe it's the first episode focused on a Legendary Pokémon (three of them!).