Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 63: 地底のジム戦VSヤーコン!!/Chitei no gym sen VS Yacon!!...
Thread Posts
25 Nov 2011 02:48 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: 地底のジム戦VSヤーコン!!/Chitei no gym sen VS Yacon!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
05 Jan 2012 11:16 PM
Sunain Administrator
Loved this episode. The battle was great and it was a whole episode, no Rocket Gang plot taking up time or any other needless subplots, just a 3-on-3 battle for the entire episode. I thought the battle animation was great as was the evolution effects. The music was also good too.

Finally, the Can You Say the Pokemon BW is over. Hell yes! It's about time! I like the new ending theme and I thought the harmony worked well. Looking forward to hearing a full version of that song.

Dare da is back too! How epic is that! Been quite a long time since they've had that as well.
05 Jan 2012 11:39 PM
I liked this episode as well. It really showed how strong Mijumaru has become with Satoshi, surviving multiple hits from Warubiru and proving strong enough to defeat it in the end, even with the sandstorm raging for most of the battle.
I was struck by how different the three battles were. The first was really realistic and the way Satoshi managed to pull off a win at the end was what I expected to happen. The second was rather funny, with Tsutarja not even taking a hit from Gamagaru. I was surprised that Yacon didn't see what was coming until it was too late, although honestly I don't think Mero Mero has appeared much in the anime until this season. His reaction to it was pretty funny as well.
I found the last part very hard to believe. I mean, how many (super-effective)hits did Dangoro take from Doryuzu before evolving? And even after that Gantoru took a few more hits before defeating Excadrill with two attacks, one of which should have been doubly-resisted. Not to mention that this was its first battle! Even if Doryuzu was unable to get its last attack in, Gantoru should have fainted long before that. And I can't understand Satoshi's reasoning behind using a never-before-used Pokémon as his last Pokémon in a gym battle against a Pokémon that doubly resists it. Even Kurimiru's evolution during his first gym battle pales in comparison to this. I guess the only explanation is that his Dangoro was at an incredibly high level when he captured it.
On a different note, Mijumaru's and Doryuzu's spinning attacks (Rapid Spin?) looked really similar. I wondered if they were the same attack.
Well, anyways I'm looking forward to the next episode. Pikachu and the other Pokémon looked pretty funny without electricity.
06 Jan 2012 04:45 AM
ivantuga2 Administrator
They brought back Dare da? Judging by the images it had different graphics, but did they use the same old music, or a different one?
Still, it's weird that they'd bring that back after almost 10 years of regular character eyecatches.

From what I read here and elsewhere, this is the best BW gym battle so far and that Satoshi seemed to sorta regain his DP battle experience, if only for this episode.
Last edited 06 Jan 2012 05:36 AM by ivantuga2
07 Jan 2012 03:34 AM
This episode blew my mind. I can only hope that all future Gym battle episodes will have this sort of intensity. They better do all the other evolutions like this too.
Also it seems like Oshawott's cowardly lion nature is all but gone now.
08 Jan 2012 03:10 PM
Adamant Administrator
The "dare da" segment is a tie-in with the data broadcast system, where you fill a "battle gauge" by watching the episode. If you filled the gauge by the time the credits start rolling, you can battle the Pokemon of the episode by choosing its weakness from a list of three. If you choose the correct option, you get the Pokemon, which is then registered in your zukan. Because of this, the "dare da" segment lists the Pokemon, its type, and all its weaknesses, so the less game-savvy viewers will learn what to pick.

And yeah, fantastic battle. Don't know if it was as good as the very first gym (which was very good despite all the idiotic fandumb hate it gets for "waah, Pikachu lost against the first gym, this show is terribly written"), but its definitely better than the second, third and fourth.