Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Best Wishes anime to bring up old plot threads
Thread Posts
16 Dec 2011 06:53 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A recent scan has revealed a number of upcoming events for the Pocket Monsters Best Wishes anime series. Both Best Wishes and Pokémon Smash will receive new ending themes as they both currently have Can You Say the Pokémon? BW as their endings.

Scan
Click on image for higher resolution

The episode set to air January 19th, 2012, Best Wishes episode 65 - Link Trade Evolution! Chevargo and Agilder!! will involve Bel trading her Chobomaki for Professor Araragi's Kaburumo, and the evolution that occurs afterwards.

The episode set to air January 25th, 2012, Best Wishes episode 66 - The Ruins of the Dark Hero! Symboler and Deathkarn!! will involve the group encountering Professor Araragi's father, and joining him on the exploration of a temple connected to the legendary Pokémon Zekrom and the mysterious Dark Stone.

Finally, the episode set to air February 2nd, 2012, which title is as of yet unrevealed, will feature the return of the Sunglasses Waruvile, who was last seen in Best Wishes episode 20 - Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!, but which is known to have been involved in Best Wishes episode 23 - The Rocket Gang VS the Plasma Gang! (Part 1), and possibly Best Wishes episode 24 - The Rocket Gang VS the Plasma Gang! (Part 2).

scanscan

In addition to that, the Pokémon Smash episodes set to air December 18th, 2011, Pokémon Smash episode 63 - Entei Akiyama is Knocked Down when Debuting the Expansion Pack 'Dark Rush'!? / A New Battrio Leader Enters!? / The Newest Pokémon Movie Information! and December 25th, 2011, Pokémon Smash episode 64 - The PokéSma Members Compete in Making Original Pokémon New Years' Meals! / The Girls Band Stereopony, who will be Singing the New 'Pokémon Smash!' Ending Theme Starting January, Visits! will be airing one special anime episode each, which they said specifically they would not be announcing in advance.

Update:
TV Tokyo has since updated their program post entry, confirming the Pokémon Library episode that will air during Pokémon Smash 63 to be this week's Best Wishes 61 - Tornelos VS Voltolos VS Landlos! (Part 1) (トルネロスVSボルトロスVSランドロス!(前編).
16 Dec 2011 11:30 AM
Oh, I'm glad we're finally going to see the Sunglasses Waruvile again! You don't get Pokémon-only rivals, so I'm quite curious as to how things will develop as regard to Pikachu and Waruvile.

I really hope we get to see the Rocket Gang vs Plasma Team episodes soon... I mean, come on, we've barely even seen the Plasma Team in the anime at all so far. I only remember them in 1, or 2 episodes at best... and they're supposed to be the main villains! I know they're focusing on the Rocket Gang at the moment (and I'm certainly NOT going to complain about that), but still...
16 Dec 2011 11:42 AM
Quote From: Chance
I only remember them in 1, or 2 episodes at best... and they're supposed to be the main villains! I know they're focusing on the Rocket Gang at the moment (and I'm certainly NOT going to complain about that), but still...

Aside from the 2-parter they were supposed to be in, Team Plasma haven't appeared at ALL in BW so far.

Looks like one of Cilan's Pokemon evolves, that is good.
16 Dec 2011 11:51 AM
Sunain Administrator
TV Tokyo has updated their site and the Pokemon Library episode has now been confirmed. The episodes that will air on 18th is this weeks Best Wishes 61 episode. Needless to say its disappointing and pointless considering it aired a few days earlier.

TV Tokyo Page: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/21362_201112180730.html

Last edited 16 Dec 2011 11:51 AM by Sunain
16 Dec 2011 03:42 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
I really don't get why Team Plasma SHOULDN'T appear. every previous evil team appeared, even if neither for too many episodes, and TP shouldn't be an exception.

As of the other plots... it seems that BW likes to bring up some continuity from time to time, but it doesn't always happen with the best writing... case in point, the Don Battle tournament.
16 Dec 2011 06:41 PM
Best Wishes tries to be like the original series and DP at the same time, but I don't think it's succeeding in either form.

Iris and Cilan feel like the writers second attempt on Misty and Brock. Makes you wonder why they didn't just use the original trio instead of such similar characters. I guess now we know why Misty has been ignored and forgotten, we have Iris now.