Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BWS2-DA 16: ゴーゴーゴーゴート!/Go Go Gogoat!
Thread Posts
24 Jul 2013 02:34 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: ゴーゴーゴーゴート!/Go Go Gogoat!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
13 Aug 2013 04:59 PM
Adamant Administrator
The new Pokémon Gogoat, which accompanied Pansy from the Kalos region, goes missing!? Gogoat is able to read the feelings of those who touch its horns. Is this a clue...?

Summary:
Satoshi and friends, alongside the Pokémon reporter Pansy, have visited a Pokémon Center on a new island. While Pansy is working on putting together an article, Satoshi checks out Gogoat, taking great interest in this Kalos-native Pokémon.

Just then, Tony, a boy living on the island, comes over to Gogoat. While Gogoat plays with Tony, it ends up touching him with its horn. Gogoat, which can read the thoughts of those who touch its horns, sees what Tony is thinking about, and runs off with Tony on its back. As Satoshi and its friends search for the missing Gogoat, they learn that it was apparently seen heading towards the observatory where Tony's father works.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Chika Fujimura: Joy
Chiaki Takahashi: Junsa
Aya Endo: Pansy
Yuka Terasaki: Tony
Yoshino Takamori: Tony's Mother
Tsuguo Mogami: Tony's Father
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
Last edited 17 Oct 2013 01:49 PM by Adamant
05 Dec 2013 07:31 AM
Finally! An episode explaining a bit more about one of the new Pokemon. A Gogoat to be exact. A mysterious horny goatse... ehm... goat Pokemon, which can sense the strongest wish of anyone touching its horns and attempts to grant that wish afterwards.
Somehow it feels like a more useful alternative to Jirachi, as Jirachi is awake only for 0.0019 % of a millenium and sleeps during the rest. Also, it is so rare that one does not simply walk into a Jirachi on his journey. Unless one is Satoshi. Satoshi actually managed to meet not just one, but two Jirachi, therefore officially becoming the Chuck Norris of the Pokémon world. But well, stuff happens.

I would rather meet a Gogoat. It seems to be a very useful Pokemon for a traveller. Good to ride on, to carry baggage and even perform precise rock climbing. I could easily imagine going on a Geocaching trip with a Gogoat. "Easy to find cache found using Gogoat-in method. TFTC". Anyway, enough of daydreaming.
This episode utilizes Pokémon abilities in the real world quite a lot. Who would guess that Pikachu can cut down trees? But that scene where Pikachu is hanging on a Vine Whip under the falling tree and after the fall it is suddenly standing on the tree trunk on the other side of the canyon, actually somehow implies that Pikachu has learned Teleport.

The plot of the episode actually is that a little boy named Tony (who turns out to be a spoiled brat) unintentionally shares his wish with Gogoat and then Gogoat tries to help him get to an observatory on a mountain, to be able to celebrate Tony's father's birthday. Part of the episode is spent by searching for Gogoat and Tony. Then, after Tony says that he hates his mother (for which he would deserve a very painful korvapuusti), Satoshi and Pansy reward him by offering to accompany him to the observatory. Is this how you raise your children, Japan? o.O
After that, they just overcome a few obstacles and they arrive at their destination.
So, nothing much really happens in this episode at all. But on the other hand it is actually a positive thing, because there was absolutely no sign of Rocket Gang :) Though this is approximately the second rocket-less episode of Decolora. Not that good score overally, but still I am happy for each episode like this.

My rating:
This was more or less an informative episode rather than an episode with a real plot. The story elements (some poisonous Pokémon blocking the way, decayed bridge over a river canyon) are somehow too over-repeated already. But still I liked this episode quite a lot and Gogoat somehow became one of my favourite Pokemon. No Rocket Gang => big plus.
I give 8 to this episode and one slap in the face to Tony.
You would totally like to be a tree.