Niantic has announced that in celebration of Pokémon’s Grass-type month, Pokémon GO has changes to Grass-type attacks and Grass-type Pokémon in Trainer Battles.
Community Note: Trainer Battle attack updates for Grass-type month
Trainers, In celebration of Pokémon’s Grass-type month, we’d like to highlight some changes to Grass-type attacks and Grass-type Pokémon in Trainer Battles
, along with a few other changes.
Updates to existing attacks in Pokémon GO
There have been updates to the following existing attacks in Pokémon GO.
- Bullet Seed - This Grass-type Fast Attack now generates energy more quickly.
- Energy Ball - This Grass-type Charged Attack now reaches full charge more quickly and has a chance of lowering the opponent’s Defense by one stage.
- Leaf Tornado - This Grass-type Charged Attack now has a chance of decreasing your opponent’s Attack by two stages.
- Ancient Power - The damage that this Rock-type Charged Attack deals has been decreased in Trainer Battles.
- Silver Wind - The damage that this Bug-type Charged Attack deals has been decreased in Trainer Battles.
- Ominous Wind - The damage that this Ghost-type Charged Attack deals has been decreased in Trainer Battles. It also reaches full charge less quickly.
These changes will make Ancient Power, Silver Wind, and Ominous Wind more strategically similar to other moves that affect stats but with higher risk for the higher reward offered by these moves.
Pokémon that can learn more attacks
The following Pokémon will be able to learn attacks they couldn’t before.
- Bellossom: Bullet Seed - The combination of this Grass-type Fast Attack with Bellossom’s Grass-type Charged Attack Leaf Blade makes Bellossom a powerful option as a Grass-type lead.
- Jumpluff: Aerial Ace - Pairing the Flying-type Charged Attack Aerial Ace with the Grass-type Fast Attack Bullet Seed allows Jumpluff to use Charged Attacks more quickly.
- Ludicolo: Energy Ball - This attack reaches full charge faster than Solar Beam, giving the Carefree Pokémon access to a different Grass-type Charged Attack to use with different play styles. Energy Ball could pair well with Bubble, one of Ludicolo’s Fast Attacks!
- Cradily: Bullet Seed - This Grass-type Fast Attack will charge up Cradily’s Charged Attacks faster.
- Sunshine Form Cherrim: Fire-type Weather Ball - This Fire-type Charged Attack is fitting for a Pokémon that appears when it’s sunny out.
- Tangrowth: Rock Slide - Tangrowth can continue having a dominating lead against Kyogre and Groudon in Master League while making the Flying-type Pokémon often used to counter it more dependent on Protect Shields.