Niantic has announced that the first spring event for 2020 will take place from Thursday, April 9th, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. until Thursday, April 16th, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
Spring into spring with Pokémon GO!
Trainers, Spring has sprung for those of you in the northern hemisphere, and what better way to celebrate than with a springtime event! Buneary joins the celebration by wearing a flower crown, while egg- and spring-themed Pokémon are appearing more often in the wild! Pokémon Eggs just got eggs-tra special too, as Pichu and Togepi with flower crowns will be hatching from them.
We're continuing to prioritize Pokémon GO experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings. You’ll receive 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators
until further notice, so be sure to turn on Adventure Sync and make every step count.
Date + Time
From Thursday, April 9, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 16, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Exeggcute, Chansey, Mareep, Marill, and Torchic. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Exeggcute!
- Buneary wearing flower crowns and Pikachu wearing flower hats will also be appearing in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny ones, too!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching more often from 2 km Eggs: Pichu wearing a flower crown, Togepi wearing a flower crown, Happiny, Munchlax, Tyrogue, Chingling, and Riolu.
- All Eggs received from Gifts during the event will be 2 km Eggs.
- There will be event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward encounters with Alolan Exeggutor, Azumarill, and—if you’re extremely lucky—Audino!
- A Togepi-themed bag and hoodie will be available in the in-game shop!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- Lucky Eggs will last for one hour
And remember that as mentioned above, a 1/2 Hatch Distance bonus is ongoing until further notice—which means it will be applied during this event! Just make sure to place your Eggs into Incubators while the bonus is running.