Home / Forums / Merchandise Discussion / Music Discussion / Weekly Episode Music
Thread Posts
27 Oct 2011 03:26 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
Quote From: Sunain
Unreleased tracks in the Database: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/cd/view/375

Some of the tracks listed there I think have released CD tracks now. I already went through some of them already to delete and reassign but will need to do a bit more. The page will dynamically update as we add more tracks to the database. Obviously the helpful part is we can see which episodes they are assigned to and their time index.

The ones that can be deleted for sure from there (since they're released) are the 3, 9, 10, 17. I'll look through some others to check their availability.

EDIT: 34 can also be removed. So, the ones that can be removed for now are:
Sinnoh Episode Title Card Theme
Rocket Gang Sinnoh Theme
君のそばで〜ヒカリのテーマ〜 (Kimi no Soba de 〜Hikari no Theme〜) Pop/Rock Version
AG Title Card Theme
Rocket Gang Battle Frontier Theme

Also, thanks for creating the page!

EDIT2: Oops, I forgot that changing the musics from unreleased to released would involve also changing the CD and track they're assigned to, in each episode they play! My bad.

We can also upload the unreleased music tracks samples but will have to rip them from the appropriate episodes

Here comes the interesting part. If we do upload those samples, would we just post the part where the music plays, or will we run the part where the music is through a voice filter (that may remove some unnecessary noise, but can also distort the music)?
Last edited 27 Oct 2011 03:43 PM by ivantuga2
27 Oct 2011 03:49 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: ivantuga2
Oops, I forgot that changing the musics from unreleased to released would involve also changing the CD and track they're assigned to, in each episode they play! My bad.

I'm just a work currently, when I get back home I'll adjust the tracks to their proper CD's in the database, its fairly quick.

Here comes the interesting part. If we do upload those samples, would we just post the part where the music plays, or will we run the part where the music is through a voice filter (that may remove some unnecessary noise, but can also distort the music)?

Hopefully we can find some instances where there isn't any dialog or not too much. We could see about doing voice filters as well.
27 Oct 2011 03:58 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
I'm just a work currently, when I get back home I'll adjust the tracks to their proper CD's in the database, its fairly quick.

It's just that "Sinnoh Episode Title Card Theme" has instances in 39 different episodes. THAT may take some time to correct.
And I understand that work is your priority now, so I'll wait some hours or until tomorrow (I live in GMT, by the way. I'm also not a native english speaker).

Hopefully we can find some instances where there isn't any dialog or not too much. We could see about doing voice filters as well.

Yeah, it largely depends on how much noise there is during the scenes. It's not really easy to answer right now.
27 Oct 2011 05:02 PM
Sunain Administrator
It's just that "Sinnoh Episode Title Card Theme" has instances in 39 different episodes. THAT may take some time to correct.

We should be good now for the list of unreleased music, I reassigned the tracks with a fast sql query to remap the track id's of the 'unreleased' tracks that were in the database before the CD's were released and matched them to their correct tracks.

Yeah, it largely depends on how much noise there is during the scenes. It's not really easy to answer right now.

True hopefully were lucky but even if not we'll at least have a reference to use. I'll work on adding them. You should be good now to keep working on adding tracks to the database. Thanks for helping out and hopefully that unreleased page will be a good reference to help out.
Last edited 27 Oct 2011 05:03 PM by Sunain
27 Oct 2011 05:15 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
We should be good now for the list of unreleased music, I reassigned the tracks with a fast sql query to remap the track id's of the 'unreleased' tracks that were in the database before the CD's were released and matched them to their correct tracks.

"君のそばで〜ヒカリのテーマ〜 (Kimi no Soba de 〜Hikari no Theme〜) Pop/Rock Version", that music is still on the list, despite having been released on the "TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best 1997-2010 Vol. 2" CD as "2006-2010(DP)-M05 ~君のそばで(ヒカリのテーマ)~ (BONUS-TRACK)". Otherwise, the list is good to use for now. Thanks.

True hopefully were lucky but even if not we'll at least have a reference to use. I'll work on adding them. You should be good now to keep working on adding tracks to the database. Thanks for helping out and hopefully that unreleased page will be a good reference to help out.

Now that I think about it, we don't really need to put music that has background talk, sound effects and other noises as playable on the site. I'll just save the audio of the part where the music plays on my PC and the list will only work as reference for the unreleased BGM. That'd be fine by me.
27 Oct 2011 08:55 PM
Sunain Administrator
"君のそばで〜ヒカリのテーマ〜 (Kimi no Soba de 〜Hikari no Theme〜) Pop/Rock Version", that music is still on the list, despite having been released on the "TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best 1997-2010 Vol. 2" CD as "2006-2010(DP)-M05 ~君のそばで(ヒカリのテーマ)~ (BONUS-TRACK)".

Assigned them to the right track on the CD: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/cd/214#Track-3985

Now that I think about it, we don't really need to put music that has background talk, sound effects and other noises as playable on the site. I'll just save the audio of the part where the music plays on my PC and the list will only work as reference for the unreleased BGM. That'd be fine by me.

I think we need to put the samples for the unreleased music because it will make it easier for us to identify them in future episodes plus give people viewing this reference an idea what it sounds like. I started adding the samples and will work on adding them over the next few days and as other unreleased tracks are identified.
28 Oct 2011 05:44 AM
ivantuga2 Administrator
I think we need to put the samples for the unreleased music because it will make it easier for us to identify them in future episodes plus give people viewing this reference an idea what it sounds like. I started adding the samples and will work on adding them over the next few days and as other unreleased tracks are identified.

Either way is fine by me, really. In this case, I would suggest you to use "Okido's Senryū Theme" from PM52, because from what I remember, there's either complete or almost complete silence during the music.
28 Oct 2011 08:54 AM
ivantuga2 Administrator
Another day, another 3 episodes' BGM done.

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/69#Music
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/70#Music
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/71#Music

Do you know whether the instruments in PM70, at 14:31 can be considered as music? I also think there's another unreleased track in PM71, at 10:58, probably from the Movie 1 short. None of those instances are marked yet.

And geez, the Episode 71 was really music-heavy, even in the Japanese version. Probably one of the episodes with the most music ever played in the entire series.

And don't forget to check my previous post, just in case.
Last edited 28 Oct 2011 08:55 AM by ivantuga2
28 Oct 2011 06:34 PM
Sunain Administrator
Do you know whether the instruments in PM70, at 14:31 can be considered as music? I also think there's another unreleased track in PM71, at 10:58, probably from the Movie 1 short.

I used the clip from PM52 for the sample. I added the track from PM70 at 14:31 as 'Unreleased - Whistle solo'. The clip from PM71 is another Movie 1 short bgm. I'll work on adding samples for all the movie 1 short music as its used constantly throughout all the series.
28 Oct 2011 07:54 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
The clip from PM71 is another Movie 1 short bgm.

It still isn't in the BGM list though. Did you also add a "Shamisen" track for the "Unreleased"? It's from 19th episode! How did you notice?

I agree with the rest.
Last edited 28 Oct 2011 07:59 PM by ivantuga2