Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 34: ライバルバトル!バニプッチ、ドッコラー参戦!/Rival Battle! Vanipe...
Thread Posts
20 Apr 2011 12:27 PM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: ライバルバトル!バニプッチ、ドッコラー参戦!/Rival Battle! Vanipeti, Dokkorar sansen!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
04 May 2011 05:46 PM
Adamant Administrator
Continuing their journey, Satoshi and his friends happen upon Shootie, who's battling a Gamagaru with his "New Snow Pokemon" Vanipeti, however Satoshi's interruption causes Gamagaru to run away. As Shootie turns to leave, Satoshi challenges him to a battle. Shootie declines, but after Iris accuses him of running away, he accepts, and a 3-on-3 battle starts. Satoshi starts by sending out Tsutarja, and Shootie counters by sending out Tsutarja's evovled form, Janovy. It's a 3-on-3 rival battle, who will win!?
27 May 2011 05:00 AM
A good episode, though the rivals battle was a bit disappointing (the first two rounds way too short). They're still considering Satoshi as a noob, though it's a bit better from the last time he battled Shootie.
I really liked the fact they finally gave him some sort of backstory (it was time they did so), and it looks like he won't be such a bad rival anymore at the end of the series.

And poor Dent, cooking nice dishes while Iris and Satoshi don't even seem to care... ha ha.

Next episode looks really interesting, though it's definitely not the first time they're having a 'let's help a Pokémon master a new move' episode.
Last edited 27 May 2011 05:01 AM by Chance
12 Nov 2011 06:53 PM
It was surprising to see Shootie actually do a favor for Satoshi by showing him the picture of his Mijumaru with its eyes closed. His inability to steer was always shown in previous episodes but this one shoed why it happened. And this makes it connect well with the next episode.
I find it interesting that Iris is scared of Ice Pokémon. It's been so long since we've seen Misty and her fear of Bug Pokémon. I think maybe they made it too dependent on the fact that she is from the Village of the Dragons, though, since Misty was scared of Bug Pokémon but Water isn't weak to Bug. It would have made more sense to me to have a character be scared of one of the types in the ability Rattled (Bug, Dark, or Ghost). I'm guessing Iris would still be scared of Kyuurem, then.
It was nice to see Satoshi tie with Shootie for once compared to his previous two losses. It shows how each has progressed in their journey. I hope one day Tsutarja can defeat Shootie's Janovy.