Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 58: アイリスとモノズ! 育てや修行!!/Iris to Monozu! Sodate ya...
Thread Posts
26 Sep 2011 08:06 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: アイリスとモノズ! 育てや修行!!/Iris to Monozu! Sodate ya shugyō!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
09 Nov 2011 12:34 PM
Adamant Administrator
This episode will not air November 17th, as originally announced, due to the broadcast of a baseball game interfering with its program slot. We've shifted all air dates one week ahead, though do note that these dates aren't actually announced.
13 Nov 2011 03:07 PM
Adamant Administrator
To explain the situation better, the baseball game that'll postpone this episode is the 5th game in a best-of-7 series played between Chunichi Dragons and Softbank Hawks. This means that, if one of these teams win all four of the four first games, there's no need for any further games to be played, and this episode will air as originally scheduled.

As of typing, two games in the series have been played, and Chunichi has won both. In other words, the episode will air the 17th if, and only if, Chunichi wins the next two games as well. This has a 25% chance of happening.

The next game will be played Tuesday, an update on the situation will be posted then.
14 Nov 2011 12:29 AM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Adamant
To explain the situation better, the baseball game that'll postpone this episode is the 5th game in a best-of-7 series played between Chunichi Dragons and Softbank Hawks. This means that, if one of these teams win all four of the four first games, there's no need for any further games to be played, and this episode will air as originally scheduled.

As of typing, two games in the series have been played, and Chunichi has won both. In other words, the episode will air the 17th if, and only if, Chunichi wins the next two games as well. This has a 25% chance of happening.

The next game will be played Tuesday, an update on the situation will be posted then.

The Best Wishes 58 preview in Pokemon Smash 58 also confirmed this by putting a notice at the end of the preview stating exactly that.

Last edited 14 Nov 2011 12:33 AM by Sunain
15 Nov 2011 08:11 AM
Adamant Administrator
Quote From: Adamant

The third game has been played, and Chunichi lost. Thus, this episode will get postponed until next week.
17 Nov 2011 03:31 AM
Does that mean the whole series was pushed back because of one game? Or was there already going to be a gap between the next few episodes?
17 Nov 2011 08:59 AM
Adamant Administrator
All announced dates for all announced episodes have been shifted one week back, yes.
01 Dec 2011 04:12 PM
A pretty enjoyable episode for all the different Pokémon they showed. I also felt it was more realistic for showing Satoshi and company staying at the Day Care for more than one day. However the ending was rather anticlimactic since I thought Iris was going to get Monozu. Hopefully Iris will be able to get another Dragon Pokémon. I have a feeling that its owner will appear again, since he seemed really devoted to battling.
Before seeing this episode I didn't think that Monozu could be so cute since its last evolution is really fierce but I guess its like Mizugorou and Lagulaji. The Monozu looked really powerful for an unevolved Pokémon.
I wasn't sure whether the trainer came for the Tamagetake was male or female. That was a rather strange character.
01 Dec 2011 11:13 PM
Quote From: Takeshi

I wasn't sure whether the trainer came for the Tamagetake was male or female. That was a rather strange character.

Ah yes. 'My sweetheart!' -cue squeaking Foongus-
This was a nice, relaxing episode and a really nice chance to see Iris's development in her 'dragon master' career.
13 Dec 2011 10:08 AM
A great episode which finally brought some more character development for Iris. I, too, was really expecting her to actually get the Monozu, and therefore, was slightly disappointed at the end. Come to think of it, Iris says she wants to be a dragon master, but she only has 1 (still) weak dragon Pokémon: Kibago. Hmm... I know there isn't that many dragon Pokémon in Unova, but still.

I also liked to finally have some news about the Rocket Gang... so glad to learn they'll be involved in the events of the 'Tornelos VS Voltolos VS Landlos!' episode (which looks even more promising now that I know they'll be involved :p).