Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BWS2-DA 6: ロトムVSオーキド博士!/Rotom VS Okido-hakase!
Thread Posts
25 Mar 2013 04:07 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: ロトムVSオーキド博士!/Rotom VS Okido-hakase!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
22 May 2013 03:34 AM
Adamant Administrator
At M'Toro Island, where lots of Rotom are said to live, the group encounters... Professor Okido!? He is really enthusiastic about attempting to get a Rotom for research purposes, but they appear to be quite the tricksters...

Summary:
In order to join up with Professor Okido, the leading authority on Pokémon research, Satoshi and friends have come to M'Toro Island, famous for being home to huge amounts of the 'Plasma Pokémon' Rotom. The professor is visiting the island in order to write an article on 'Rotom's Forme Change'. Right as they arrive, three Rotom show up, traveling down a power cable towards a huge plaza.

The group try attracting them with electricity, and they gobble down Pikachu's electricity, seemingly finding it delicious. Dent wants to check if they have certain preferences when it comes to electricity, and has his Muggyo use Thundershock! The taste turns out to be...!? Iris also lend a hand, using Emonga! And then the Rotom undergo a Forme Change! What is the undiscovered secret of the Rotom...!? And what is the result of the study!?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Kenta Miyake: Waruvial
Mika Kanai: Emonga
Kiyotaka Furushima: Rotom
Marie Mizuno: Rotom
Asami Yano: Rotom
Chika Fujimura: Joy
Masayuki Kato: Parker
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
Last edited 22 May 2013 07:13 AM by Adamant
03 Dec 2013 10:06 AM
In this episode we meet our favourite professor again :) After what may seem like a century.
And we also get to meet the pseudo-legendary Pokemon Rotom again. Even with a short mention of hte previous time! Yay! It's nice to see that Satoshi does not forget all of his previous meetings.
There is also some interesting PokéLogic in this episode. It is mentioned that Rotom is a genderless Pokemon. Also, the use of a physical Potion on a ghost/electric Pokemon is shown here. The true PokéLogic: Squirt a bit of some liquid into living plasma to make it feel better ;)
The electricity tasting was much better than any Dent's Random Tasting Time can ever get.
This episode has Ookido written all over it. I wonder how the US dubbing handled the "special" inputs here since it usually just ignores there things.

And... Rocket Gang the Ghostbusters! Dafuq? Are they trying to get their cutie marks or what? I think their talent is actually being cosplay and mecha freaks. I wonder how such a cutie mark would look like.

My rating:
A funny episode with some cameo and references to some things in the Pokemon world which are somehow rarely mentioned in anime, but very important in the games. And with a Ghostbusters reference.
I give it 8
Last edited 03 Dec 2013 10:09 AM by Adamant
You would totally like to be a tree.