Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BWS2-DA 1: さらばイッシュ!新たなる船出!!/Saraba Isshu! Arataran...
Thread Posts
27 Mar 2013 02:27 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: さらばイッシュ!新たなる船出!!/Saraba Isshu! Arataranaru funade!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
18 Apr 2013 06:45 AM
Adamant Administrator
Laughter? Tears? Treasure? Is this where the journey between the mysterious islands in the Decolora Archipelago start? An encounter with a mythical Pokémon and a huge panic on and island full of Ohbem? And a parting with Mijumaru?

'Farewell, Isshu! Setting Sail Once Again!!'

Summary:
Satoshi and friends have finished their battle with the Plasma Gang. As they rest up at the Araragi Laboratories, Satoshi decides to return to Masara Town in the Kanto Region. Iris, who is set on following the road to becoming Dragon Master, and Dent, who wants to broaden his knowledge in the Pokémon Sommeliering field, both decide to accompany Satoshi to the Kanto Region in order to further their goals.

At Professor Araragi's suggestion, they decide to board the ferry that will take them to the Kanto region via the Decolora Archipelago. The group doesn't have all that high expectations, but still board the ship. The presence of a Pokémon playroom makes Pikachu and the others quite happy, though, but suddenly the door out of the room won't open. And neither will the door from Satoshi and the others' room. And up on the bridge, a mysterious trio boldly laughs... who can they be!? Is this the beginning of a highly eventful journey!?

Voice cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Misato Fukuen: Mijumaru
Kiyotaka Furushima: Doryuzu
Kenta Miyake: Sakaki
Naomi Shindo: Araragi
Masayuki Kato: Parker
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
02 Dec 2013 05:43 PM
Satoshi aims towards Kanto once again. And Team Rocket returns to being the dumb villain trio they have been before BW. Well, not by 100%, but very close to that. I am quite disappointed by this "comeback". It might mean more filler episodes that happened just because Musashi and Kojiro want The Pikachu :/

The first few seconds of this episode were a bit surprising. I thought I have missed something between previous episode and this. But that was just a bit of trolling :) Iris on a Zekrom, that just has to really happen sooner or later.
The episode was important for Satoshi's group as they began journey through the Decolora islands. It introduced the ship they will be taking and Parker-san, who will be taking care of them. However, rest of the episode was just a Rocket Gang plot on a ship. Their plot began in a quite smart way but then it went downhill and... you can predict the rest.

I think most of this episode was a bit redundant. For fans of old Rocket it probably brought hope. To me it brought doubts.

Sorry Musashi, Kojiro and Nyaasu. I think you were better as real villains, showing up just once in a while (not in EVERY episode), trying to conduct a well-prepared evil plan with much better goals than just some kid's Pikachu. If you haven't been slacking off in Isshu, you could have just caught a wild Pikachu in Kanto, like a normal trainer. You have decent Pokemon and you know how to battle. Just get a pair of balls and try to catch a yellow rat the easier and cleaner wy. Just try it for once! Seriously, even a child can do it, so no excuses! This episode didn't make me like you any more than Miley Cyrus's song about wrecking some balls. She obviously doesn't want to catch Pokemon in normal way either. Maybe you should ask her to join Rocket Gang. That you would make you 20% more annoying :P

My rating:
I have seen much worse Pokemon episodes, but also much better ones. For a beginning of a new sub-season it was somehow a disappointment.
I give it 6 (slightly better average)
Last edited 02 Dec 2013 05:56 PM by Adamant