Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BWS2-DA 5: 霧の中のゾロアーク!!/Kiri no naka no Zoroark!!
Thread Posts
24 Apr 2013 07:41 PM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: 霧の中のゾロアーク!!/Kiri no naka no Zoroark!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
16 May 2013 05:20 AM
Adamant Administrator
Satoshi and friends have come to Mahora Island, which is said to have gigantic Pokémon. Suddenly, they're approached by... a gigantic Kuitaran! And then a gigantic Nyarth shows up, too!? They immediately make a run for the Pokémon Center, but there they...!

Summary:
As Satoshi and friends head for the Mahora Island, located in a part of the sea shrouded in deep mist, they're surprised by a huge shadow suddenly approaching them! Learning that there used to be giant Pokémon on Mahora Island decades ago, they head for the tiny, nearby island these clues point to. But as they head through the forest, Pikachu suddenly senses something!

It's a gigantic 'Anteater Pokémon' Kuitaran!! And Pikachu's attacks have no effect on it! Kuitaran's attacks end up setting the forest on fire, and as the forest Pokémon flee the scene, the 'Mushroom Pokémon' Tamagetake's spores end up hitting Kibago! The group heads for an old-looking Pokémon Center to get it treated, but it turns out this is an illegit Pokémon Center...!?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Chinami Nishimura: Zorua
Chika Fujimura: Joy
Masayuki Kato: Parker
Ryosuke Morita: Poacher
Isamu Yusen: Poacher
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
Last edited 23 May 2013 06:34 AM by Adamant
03 Dec 2013 09:09 AM
A somehow deeper episode. And a bit sad.
This is actually an example of way too revealing and spoiling episode name. If there was no Zoroark and "Illusions" in the name and Zoroark as the "Who's that Pokemon?", it might have been a very good mysterious episode with finale that might be even surprising for some viewers. But when you know this episode is about Zoroark, everything is very obvious. Seriously, how would you enjoy a mystery / detective story where right from the beginning you know who is the culprit and how has he done it?

Also, some Rocket Gang here. Not too much, not getting too annoying, but also not really contributing to anything. Basically they were completely redundant in this episode. But I have noticed that since their "comeback", when talking about Sakaki-sama, there haven't been any lame visualization of Rocket Gang's imaginations about the happiness and joy they would cause him by bringing him this or that (or Pikachu, for a change). For omitting these horrible scenes, Rocket Gang receives a small plus from me.

My rating:
A very enjoyable filler episode without any disturbing elements, with a bit rushed finale (everything gets explained way too fast). It doesn't really include any explicitly original ideas, but if the episode name didn't tell right from the beginning what is actually happening, it would make the episode much better, maybe even worthy of 10.
But considering all that influences the experience about this episode, I am deciding between 8 and 9.
I give it 9, but next time an episode name spoils everything, I will round it down to the floor.
Last edited 03 Dec 2013 09:18 AM by Adamant
You would totally like to be a tree.